It's Not All Black and White

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Something Blue

This is the other card I made while I was in Vegas. See that sentiment in the stylish double oval frame? That's an extra little peak for you of Verve Visual's November 10 release, Wonderful Wishes. There are all kinds of great sentiments to fit into a variety of frames. You're going to love it. Both this set and Starlight Starbright are being previewed at the Verve Visual blog all week long. By the way, both Winter Wonder and Seasonal Circles are back in stock as well.


Two corners on the cake panel were cut with my corner rounder. I just cut out the sentiment by hand and added a couple more silver brads to attach it over the ribbon. It needed just a little something in the bottom corner, so I knotted a bit of ribbon and glued it on with MonoMulti. Held like a charm.


It's hard to see in the picture, but the bottom of the card is scalloped with my corner rounder.


The blue papers are from Memory Box (Echo) and the flowered piece is by Basic Grey.


What's In It?
Stamps: Wonderful Wishes (Verve Visual); Piece of Cake (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Echo (Memory Box); Perhaps (Basic Grey); Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Ribbon (May Arts); Corner rounder (EK Success); Silver brads (Stampin' Up!)

19 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, it is gorgeous!

JenMarie said...

Stunning!

Christina Fischer said...

This is beautiful, Bethany! The images, colors, and papers work together so well -- just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this one! I downloaded the papertrey cake digi kit - might have to see what I can do about lifting this one :) The layout and colors are fantastic!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! It's beautiful! I love the softness of the card...so pretty!

Shannan Teubner said...

So pretty!

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

It's gorgeous! Do you have a punch that fits the oval frame stamp perfectly or do you cut it out by hand?

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just LOVE this Bethany. . .it's so elegant!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! It really looks elegant and so stunning!

Lori said...

So pretty! I love those Memory Box papers.

Alli Miles said...

Very nice. Love the use of brads.

My Paper World said...

Wow! This is so pretty, The colours and image look great!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so beautiful, Bethany! I love the papers and your ribbon touches! The colors are so pretty as well!

Anonymous said...

i love this!! everything about it is done to perfection!!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo pretty, I love your mix of patterned papers!

Anonymous said...

really great stuff here; linking you up.
love.

Heather said...

I love the unique color scheme!

Anonymous said...

Love your PaperTrey cake, Bethany, and those sentiments look mighty useful as well!

Anonymous said...

Oooooooh, this is pretty! Oh, my goodness, look at that gorgeous paper! I sure like the looks of this set and I LOVE the card you made with it!