It's Not All Black and White

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Scary! Monster

I took some time yesterday to play along with this week's Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast, before the week has completely passed me by. The featured stamper is Lazylizard, and I chose this card to CASE. You can see that I angled my main image, changed the colors and added the sentiment punchie.

That cute monster is just one of the many little guys from the stamp set, Monster Party. I stamped him on watercolor paper and colored with dye based markers and a water brush, adding a few white highlights with a gel pen. The background is the Cuttlebug Spots and Dots folder, which was then sanded to bring out the paper's white core.

What's In It?
Stamps: Monster Party (Storage Units, Ink)
Paper: watercolor (Canson); white (PTI); meadow, grape gusto, rich amethyst (Core'dinations); celery prints (SU!)
Ink: onyx black (Versafine); lovely lilac (SU!); cert celery, old olive, lilac, orchid op, black, going grey (SU! markers)
Accessories: spots and dots folder (Cuttlebug); grosgrain ribbons, word window and photo corner punches (SU!); black licorice brads (Lasting Impressions); white gel pen (Signo); water brush

10 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I LOVE this, Bethany! Your coloring is fabulous and that monster is just adorable!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

P.S. I had to get this set it's SO CUTE! You big enabler! LOL

MJ said...

Super card. I think that little guy is just adorable. Love the oclors and the cuttlebug embossed background.

Julie Masse said...

What a little cutie he is ! :) Love your sanded embossed paper! :)

Alexandra said...

This is sooo cute, love that little monster, the coloring is fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

This is sooo cute, Bethany!! I love your coloring and all of the texture here!!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Hee hee Super cute Bethany!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so adorable Bethany! Your coloring is fantastic and I just love these colors together! Wonderful as always! :D

Catherine said...

oh i want this set :(
your card is so cute!

Libby Hickson said...

Too cute!! What a fun little image!