It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Having a Bloomin' Good Day

Hello! I can't tell you how happy it makes me when we have sunshiny days! Perfect for this Bloomin' Good Day sweetheart from My Favorite Things' Pure Innocence line. I colored her with Copics and paper pieced her dress with an older Basic Grey paper in the Sultry collection. Still cute, right? I have so much paper, I think I could make about two cards for everyone in the world before running out. So, I'm trying to give it all some love. All of the layers, except the focal point and card base are from that Sultry 6 x 6 paper pad.


I faux stitched the brown layer, punched the green edge, and embossed the pink layer with a Cuttlebug folder. The pink and white layers got a little tea dye ink on the edges. And the whole she-bang is based on Mercy's sketch this week.

Cheers to you! And see you in the morning with a blog candy winner.

What's In It?
Stamps- pure innocence blooming good day (MFT)
Paper- choc chip (SU), white (PTI), sultry (BG)
Ink- memento black, PTI tea dye duo
Other- brads, paper piercer and template, white gel pen (SU), Copic markers, labels 1 die (Spellbinders), birds and swirls (CB), scallop diamond punch (EK Success), star dust stickles, dimensionals

15 comments:

veronica said...

love your layers. also the faux stitching is great, i wouldn't have known it wasn't real.

Stacy Morgan said...

This is darling!!! I like the papers so springy and cute.

quiltedcavalier said...

Your card is adorable!

Unknown said...

Oh how totally sweet!! I love the paper piecing - such a pretty card! :)

Rose Ann said...

So darling, Bethany! I love how you've colored her, and your piecing is wonderful!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is ADORABLE, Bethany! LOVE the colors and love that embossing on the pink! This card is perfect for the beautiful days we've been having. . .especially today!

Christina Fischer said...

Totally adorable, Bethany! It just makes me smile! :)

B said...

This is so adorable! Love the paper piecing and the faux stitching so perfect! (And did I totally miss your new blog makeover? It's so purty!)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Such a lovely card, love the pp you've used and that image is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

She's so adorable. Love her cute dress!

Corie said...

This is so precious

Jodi Collins said...

This is so uber sweet Bethany!! LOVE this!!!

NatQuebec said...

it's really an adorable card ! congrats!

Unknown said...

Bethany, this is totally adorable! What wonderful papers for piecing... so very sweet!

Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!

Debbie Olson said...

Bethany, this is darling! I adore all of your layering too--great job with the patterns!