It's Not All Black and White

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Better Late...Color Challenge

I always love Kristina's color challenges but never manage to get one done. But I actually did it yesterday. You can follow that link for this weeks details and her cool graphic. The colors are teal, sky blue, pumpkin, green galore and white. I also got some inspiration from Julee, who inked and debossed her Cuttlebug folder, and Tori, who makes those gorgeous Spellbinder's flowers. I stamped the snail (Inkadinkado) using Memento black on PTI white. After coloring with Copics, I over stamped the CHF Lined Paper Backgrounder with Soft Sky ink. I separated the sentiment into two lines to stamp on a small Labels I die cut from Spellbinders. I actually used only orange ink to sponge the large flower, because the pumpkin pie looked so brownish when I tried it. I thought this matched the paper better. And since I took the pictures, I folded up all of the flower petals for a little more dimension. Much better. In case you give them a try yourself.
Stamps- Happy Belated Birthday (Inkadinkado)
Paper- green galore, taken with teal, pumpkin pie, sky blue, (SU), white (PTI and GP)
Ink- soft sky, teal, green galore, only orange, pumpkin (SU), tuxedo black (memento)
Accessories- flower creations, labels 1 (spellbinders), Copics, SEI brad, CB D'vine swirls, white gel pen, dimensionals

23 comments:

Tina said...

Hey! Love this and all your work. Hope this finds you well!
Tina

Dawn Easton said...

Hey congrats on the Pens win last night!! I was thinking of you guys ;) It was a GREAT game!

Your card is totally awesome and I would LOVE to CASE this someday real soon! The colours, layout and images are fabulous!

veronica said...

love the textures, also the way you colored the snail.

Jane said...

love it!

Dotty Jo said...

Loving that snail!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Lovely card Bethany - congrats on winning the PTI set - woo hoo! Can't wait to see what you make of it! You are so talented.

~Meredith

Maureen P said...

Love all the textures on this card...a feast for the eyes!

Cheryl said...

So cute,love the colours and the fab flowers!!! The notepaper looks brilliant.....I love it!
xx

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is just too adorable! I LOVE that little snail. . .too cute!

Michele Kovack said...

OMG! How cute this is!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

These colors are awesome...so bright and cheery! Great card, Bethany!

Unknown said...

Wow! super cute card! I love that snail!

Regan said...

OH its soooo totally cute

Stacey Schafer said...

soo cute! love the fun layout!

Winter said...

So cute! I love the notebook paper and the little snail! Great coloring too!

kareN stampZ said...

adorable snail & awesome colouring

Alex said...

This is totally cute Bethany!! Love the colors, layout, everything about it!!

Saw that your Pens won on Friday - whooohooo for you!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

Your snail is so darling, Bethany...and I love your pretty flower!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is adorable. I just love what you did with the flowers.

Christina Fischer said...

What a fun card, Bethany! I love all the fantastic details! :)

Rose said...

What on adorable card! Love the little snail :)

Renee said...

This is so cool! I love the snail!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is just adorable! I just love the lined paper on the angle...so striking and the flowers are awesome! Wonderful work!