It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A New Banner and an Old(er) Card

So, do you like the new banner? It's been sitting in a PhotoShop file on my computer for months! I finally decided to add a few details to it and put it to use. It's grown on me.

I haven't had a chance to do any "carding" yet today, so here's a card a made a couple of weeks ago. I stamped the flower from Fancy Florals Remixed in real red, so saffron and black...and the sentiment in red. I used bashful blue ink with a water brush to outline the flower. The dry embossed lines were done with my old school Fiskars paper cutter, which works pretty well if you don't have a Score-Pal/ Score It, like me. The blue and striped papers are from the Garden Gate line by Daisy Bucket. Red eyelets by Stampin' Up!

15 comments:

Julie Masse said...

Very pretty card Bethany! The colors and all the details are great! Glad to hear I am not the last person on the planet without that blessed Scor-Pal - how long can we hold out though?? :)

sophia landry said...

Love the banner and the card! Been thinking about changing my banner for awhile, but have not yet gotten around to it *sigh*.
As for the ard, love the colors and little details, especially the scoring.

beate said...

I love your new banner and this gorgeous card!
Hugs and smiles

Christina Fischer said...

Oooooo -- love the new banner! Your card is beautiful, too! :)

veronica said...

love the new banner. your layout on the card is great. i like the shadow around your image too.

Shannan said...

What a gorgeous card! And I love the banner!

Michelle said...

The new banner is awesome & so is the card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

I LOVE how bright and happy this card is, Bethany! Gorgeous! And I am SO impressed with your banner. . .how do you know how to do that? That's awesome!

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

Lovely card Bethany! I really like the embossed lines. And your banner is beautiful. :)

Lila H said...

Gorgeous card!!! and YES!!! I love your new banner - can you do one for me?

Carolyn King said...

Love your banner--and that beautiful card. Those eyelets are the perfect accents!

kearneykrafter said...

I do love your new blog banner! Very eye-catching! Also enjoy your latest card! I'm one of "those" peoples w/o a scor-pal.....and getting along fine if I do say so myself!! Thanks for sharing!

Rose Ann said...

That is such a pretty card! I love the colors and papers! The scoring and eyelets are perfect touches!!

Love your new banner too!!

Joan B said...

So lovely and you know the banner is gorgeous too!

Dawn Easton said...

Bethany, this card is beautiful! I love what you did with this stamp set. I just ordered it today!! So exciting...lol. Will have to CASE you soon :) Thanks for your inspiration!