It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Here We Go Steelers!

It's Wednesday, and that means another great Whatchadoin' Wednesday Challenge from Storage Units, Ink. I hope you get to play along with this week's inspiration challenge, with or without SU Ink stamps. Leave a link to your card (in your online gallery or blog) on the SU Ink blog so we can be sure to check it out. Use keyword SUINKWWC10. You'll also see some great ideas from other design team members there too.

I took the layout for my card from the inspiration picture. I used a darker color as the "rug" layer and the patterned half of the "comforter" layer, then a lighter shade for the left side of the "comforter".

Check out
my cute little football guy from the First and Goal set. I think the artist might be a Steelers fan...He's wearing Ben's number. LOL. But I really do love how you can color him in to suit any team, from your kid's pee wee football colors to your fave pro club.

What's
In It?
Stamps: First and Goal (SU Ink)
Paper: white, black, summer sun, so saffron
Ink: Palette Noir
Accessories: circle, word window, and large oval punch, paper piercer and template (SU!); Copic markers; dimensionals

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable Bethany-- I love the layers of punches on the sentiment-- and great Steelers colors!! :) I'm coming to PA in a couple of weeks for work!

Denise said...

Cute! I love that image, he would look nice in UH colors.
Aloha~

mudmaven said...

He is just too cute - wait - I meant that in a tough Steelers kind of way! I hail from Edinboro - just north of you and my family is full of Steelers fans! ~chris

Catherine said...

this is too cute, Bethany! i don't have boy but this would be perfect for bday cards for my daughters classmates/friends :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable, Bethany! It looks just like Ben! LOL

MJ said...

Such a fun card. I love how you did the layout and the sentiment. The Steeler's colors are wonderful for this set. Super job on the challenge.

Stacy Morgan said...

Too cute and so fun. But one problem.... Its the wrong colors and the wrong number. Should be blue and white and number 18 on it. hee hee Great card Bethany!

Carolina said...

Love your take on the inspiration challenge! Your coloring is just perfect, the paper piercing is great touch and love your sentiment treatment!

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Bethany!!! You did an awesome job with that inspiration piece. All that black freaked me out...lol

Anonymous said...

Oh, this card is just to great!!! And you could not have picked any better colors to do him in!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!

Rose Ann said...

Super card for the challenge, Bethany!! So cute too!!