It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Little Baby Birds

I think these little birds are just the cutest and couldn't wait to ink them up. And now I'm just thrilled with how they work with that notebook paper stamp.

After stamping the paper, I added the little pink vertical line with a ruler and marker, just to give it a bit more of a realistic look. Then I added the sentiment. The birds, moon, and star got stamped on watercolor paper, then cut out individually. I also stamped them on the notebook paper so I didn't have to try to cut out the bird legs and the string on the star. I glued the moon and star (covered in star dust stickles) down flat, and adhered the birds with dimensionals. I added gemstones to my buttons and finished with a border punch blue strip, ribbon and machine stitching around the edges.

What's In It?
Stamps- Dream Big (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Paper- My Mind's Eye, caribbean, banana (SU), white (PTI), watercolor
Ink- pumpkin, caribbean, apricot, saffron, pretty in pink marker (SU), onyx black VersaFine
Other- EK Success border punch, MAMBI gemstones, Dashes Dots & Checks ribbon, star dust Stickles, thread, sewing machine, dimensionals, buttons, water color brush

I went for another ultrasound this morning and things are looking good. Josh has decided that the baby has his nose, and I have to agree. It's so cute. We also got a definite on the sex. It's a girl! So now I'm going to order my furniture and pick out the paint colors. Things are moving right along. I don't figure on having the nursery all ready for a couple of months, but when I do, I'll be sure to share pics. HUGS to you all.

5 comments:

Amy said...

a baby girl! Congratulations Bethany!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Hooray for baby girls! :) Your card is so adorable - love the colors!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh....this is tooo cute!!

Congrats on your baby girl news! I am so thrilled and excited for you!!

B said...

Awww, congrats on the girl! And I love the card -- its so adorable!

JenMarie said...

LOVE this!!