It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Love Match

This is for the project parade going on now at the Verve Stamps blog. Head on over for more inspiration and your chance to play along and win. The theme is A Kid At Heart, so I made this Love Match Memory Game.

I used to love sprawling out on the living room floor in the evening to play memory. I still remember some of the little animal characters that were hiding under those neatly lined up rows of red cards. But mostly I remember how happy I was spending time with my mom, and how accomplished I felt with each pair of matching cards that turned over.

For this set, the cards are two inches by three inches with a keepsake carrying box to match. Each card has the same basic gray/basic black back side. The fronts are either three small hearts, one large heart, or a sentiment in a mix of colors. If you decide to make a set of your own, be sure you have an two of each card so they match up during the game.
"Love Match" is computer generated. All other images come from the Hundred Hearts stamp set.
What's In It?
Stamps: Hundred Hearts (Verve Stamps)
Paper: positively pink, tempting turquoise (Stampin' Up!); white (Georgia Pacific); urban prairie (Basic Grey)
Ink: onyx black (VersaFine); basic gray, celery, apricot, pixie pink, turquoise, lavender (SU!)
Accessories: gemstones (Darice); scallop scissors (ProvoCraft); celery grosgrain, ticket corner punch (SU!); corner rounder (EK Success)

13 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

This is a cute idea Bethany! I like the hearts for the game. Great idea!

Christi Flores said...

This is fantastic!! What an awesome project!!

Anonymous said...

this is so stinking cute!!! love it :)

Anonymous said...

this is so stinking cute!!! love it :)

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic idea Bethany! You just gave me an idea for my next craft for Chloe's teacher....a multiplication matching game and the twist can be...they need to answer it right before they can get the two cards ;)
wwwhhhhoooo thanks for the inspiration girl!

Beth Thomas said...

This is awesome! Such a cute idea! Both of my girls love to play memory. I think I may help my older daughter make this for her little sis for Valentine's Day! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is fantastic, Bethany!!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

OMG! Too cute! What a fun idea! Love the colorful and sweet box from them all to live in! :)

Lila H said...

What a great idea - super CUTE project....

Unknown said...

Such a great idea Bethany!! Great great project! :)

wendyp said...

What an adorable project!!! I remember loving to play Memory when I was a kid.

Rose Ann said...

This is so amazing and creative, Bethany!! I LOVE it!!

Amy Sheffer said...

This is SUCH a fantastic project, Bethany!!