It's Not All Black and White

Monday, October 15, 2007

Bucket of Apples

I made this card really quickly (at least for me) so I'd have something to share with you yesterday morning. Yesterday morning? Yep! I rushed through my morning, and then Blogger wouldn't let me upload any pictures. Same thing happened last night. So, here ya go. You get it this morning.


I made this with Sunday's Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast. Here is StamperTammy's card that I cased. Isn't it pretty? You can see that I stuck with the layout and fall theme, but changed up the colors, image, and brads.
I also used Julie Buhler's tutorial on coloring with Stampin' Up! markers. I was pretty happy with the results considering how quickly I was trying to make this card. I'll definitely come back to this technique when I have more time.
What's In It?
Stamps: Give Thanks (Stamin' Up!)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, watercolor (Stampin' Up!); Urban Couture (Basic Grey)
Ink: Wheat (Versamagic); real red, certainly celery, old olive, going grey, so saffron, close to cocoa (Stampin' Up!)
Other: red grosgrain ribbon and eyelets(SU!); scalloped scissors (ProvoCraft); paper distressor (Tim Holtz); water brush; white glaze pen (Sakura)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - those apples lo SO REAL - that is amazing coloring, great card!!!

Dana said...

Awww. I LOVE those apples..they look so real! Nice shading and highlighting.
And great use of a PP (that I can't for the life of me fit into a card!)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

GORGEOUS Bethany! Great job on the coloring!

Tina said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Those apples look so real!

Shannan Teubner said...

Wow, bethany! YOu did way better at this technique than I did...better go practice some more. lol

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so pretty, Bethany...and your coloring looks amazing!

My Paper World said...

Really gorgeous, your colouring is fab!

Alhambra Club said...

Your bucket of apples card is fantastic, love your coloring and shading, you are so great at this.

Shabbychick Junk said...

You just rock that apple bucket stamp, girl. Every card you post with it blows me away! Freakin beautiful!

Allison Rankin said...

Me loves it...great DP mix with the image coloring!

Unknown said...

Wow! your coloring is amazing - truly life-like and soooo pretty!

Christina Fischer said...

Your card is simply adorable, and the coloring is fantastic! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a GREAT card! I love the technique you used for coloring it. I tried it too, but your results were FAR better than mine. GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous and fabulous marker coloring. Julie's tutorial was wonderful! I love the red and chocolate together--so yummy. Really a cute design. The red and green apples look so deliciously edible!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a yummy card. I really need you to give me some watercoloring lessons, because yours is always fantastic.

Alli Miles said...

Gorgeous card, and for a quick card all I have to say is WOW!