It's Not All Black and White

Monday, February 16, 2009

Moxie Fab: Yellow and Gray

Today's the deadline for Cath's (from Moxie Fab World) yellow and gray challenge, which means that I'm just squeaking this in. I decided to take some inspiration from one of the photos she included, the dress on the left, and came up with this:
I stamped three of the elements from Papertrey Ink's Simple Little Things with Versamark and heat embossed with detail white embossing powder on SU's basic gray card stock. A couple of ribbons (black & white: American Crafts, lemon tart: Papertrey) are layered over some white trim (Martha Stewart punch). The sentiment is on half of a die cut from the Labels One nestabilities set by Spellbinders. Pearls are from Michael's. Didn't it turn out so elegant and, well, moxie fab?!?
Thanks for the challenge and inspiration Cath!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty. I love the bright yellow bow, great job working with a tricky color combo!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Bethany! I LOVE the pearls. . . what a nice touch!

veronica said...

what a great color combination. your card is beautiful.

Becky Carafa said...

This is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Bethany!! Very elegant and chic!! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my word Bethany! This is gorgeous!!

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

Cute card!

Alex said...

This is beautiful Bethany!! Love the pearls, just makes the whole card soooo elegant! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kelly Lunceford said...

this is gorgeous! Great details! I love your take on the challenge! TFS

Scrap for Joy said...

What a classy card-love the color combo, too. What's happening with our Penguins-it's sure been tough going!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so beautiful, Bethany!! You've done a perfect card for your inspiration piece, and I love the pearls!!

Anonymous said...

I love this one!

Jackie Pedro said...

I just saw on the Moxie site that you were one of the winners!! This is beautiful, Bethany!!

Justine said...

It has been too long since my last visit. I have missed so much. Such a classy card

wendyp said...

this is stunning!!! just saw it on Moxie Fab....Congratulations!