It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Photo Rehab!

Thanks to a link from Kristina, I found THE BEST card photo tips I've seen to date. Check out the posts here and here on sideoats + scribbles! And the best part (aside from the fact that it WORKS) is that it is so easy! I used the instructions from that second link to get these before and after photos of the card I made today. Check it out:


The first photo is done using a photo light tent and the indoor/no flash setting on my little hand held Canon PowerShot SD750. Next you see the same photo using the white balance instructions from Lisa that took all of 30 seconds in Photoshop Elements 5.0. I am seriously excited about this.
I went through a few old card photos that were still stored on my computer. These were photos that I had already edited using the "auto quick fix". It even made those so much better. And it worked every single time. Too cool, I say! Here are a couple of those. They were both taken outside with natural daylight.
So anyway, here are the details for today's pink flower card (the first one) using this week's Splitcoast sketch challenge. I colored directly on the rubber stamp (Silhouette Blooms I from Cornish Heritage Farms) with celery, olive, regal rose, rose red, and so saffron markers, spritzed with a light mist of water, and stamped on SU! whisper white.
Stamps- Silhouette Blooms I (CHF)
Paper- pretty in pink, white, choc chip, rose red, Bali Breeze (SU!)
Ink- celery, olive, regal rose, rose red, so saffron (SU!), vintage photo distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories- scallop punch (Martha Stewart), Dashes Dots & Checks ribbon
So, now can anybody tell me why there are no spaces in this post? Because there are as I'm typing in Blogger. Drives me crazy that it does that sometimes.

15 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Behtany, thank you for sharing this! I can't tell you how many times I've had grey or yellow casts on my photos that I couldn't work with! Awesome links...I've added her to my reader!

veronica said...

thanks for the photographic tips, i know i need help with mine. most of the time, i am in too big of a hurry. that is just one problem.

Dotty said...

Love your cards. I'm glad to get all the tips from Lisa, my photos can use the help!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, fabulous transformation! And all absolutely wonderful cards! I'm going to head over and read up right away. Thanks so much for passing on these links!

Godelieve said...

I can see it worked for you. Great cards!

Winter said...

Great cards! I am excited about learning all tricks and tips about getting good pictures too! It's amazing isn't it! I know what you mean about the skipped lines in Blogger, drives me crazy!! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Bethany, thanks for sharing these tips! I plan to re-read and play with my own camera. Thanks for sharing your beauties with us too!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card Bethany,such pretty colours and fab design!!! I love it! Thanks for the photo tips,the 2nd images do look so much better.I also notice in some of my photos the colours change as well.
xx

Alex said...

thanks for sharing, I am saving these links because I often have these same problems!!!

Your card is really cute, love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Aren't Lisa's challenges great?!

Your cards are adorable! Great job!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Great cards and even better with the tips from Lisa! =)

Dawn Easton said...

Thank you soooooooooo much for sharing this Bethany! I will go check it all out and give it a whirl!

Unknown said...

What a great tip Bethany!! There's a big difference, but the card of course is just beautiful!! :)

Rose Ann said...

Amazing cards...and I will be checking those links for sure! Thanks!!

Bianca said...

Great cards and great results!

Greetings from Germany, Bianca