It's Not All Black and White

Friday, April 23, 2010

New Stamps!

Yay! Lizzie Anne Designs is releasing EIGHT new sixlet stamp sets today. These sets each contain six cling mounted rubber stamps and sell for only $11.99. What an awesome deal. And now I have a little eye candy for you. And I didn't even get a chance to use my very favorite set yet. So just you wait.

This first card uses Brilliant Blooms and I started with a sketch from page 9 of the new Go-To Sketches magazine. I plan on getting my full use out of that great publication, so be ready to see more of their sketches in the near future. I stamped the stem and flower on the right, then stamped the flower on the left. I very lightly drew in the remaining stem, and after coloring with Copic markers and giving it a few seconds to dry, I went over the pencil marks with a dark brown marker. I cut out a couple of extra flowers so that I could pop up the flower/stem combo once, and just the flowers a second time for lots of dimension.


For this second card, I started with a label die cut from My Mind's Eye paper, added a couple of swirls (love those things) from the previously released Fanciful Flourishes, and layered my sentiment on with dimensionals. That gorgeous sentiment is just one of six in the new Vintage Verses set. Be sure to check out all the others. I can never have too many sentiments. I really like putting together cards with no images, and these work perfectly for that. I used my paper piercing template and a brown marker to dot the frame around my die cut, and I mixed turquoise and clear glitter (to tone it down just a bit) and sprinkled on a strip of tacky tape for the glitzy embellishment on the bottom.

What's In It?

Purple Blooms Card
Stamps- Brilliant Blooms (LAD)
Paper- PTI and MME
Ink- Memento, dark marker
ribbon, button- PTI
rub on- crate paper
other- red line tape, pop dots, thread, pearls, corner rounder

Good is Beautiful card
Stamps- vintage verses (LAD)
Paper- Georgia Pacific, MME
Ink pad, marker, piercing template- SU
ribbon, button- PTI
labels 4 die- spellbinders
pop dots, thread

You can see all the new releases on the Lizzie Anne website, under new releases, and check out the eye candy from the rest of the design team girls, too. Links are on the right. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Kendra said...

WOW ~ these are fabulous!

Meridith said...

Lovely cards Bethany!!!!

Taylor said...

These are beautiful, Bethany!!!

wendyp said...

Love these!!! Gorgeous cards, Bethany!!!

Rose Ann said...

Both of your samples are very beautiful!! I need to order some of the new stamps soon. ;)

Tiffany Ervin said...

These are beautiful cards, love the colors and the little details in your design!