It's Not All Black and White

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thinking Out of the Box

I'm ususally pretty literal with my stamps, so I really had to put my thinking cap on when Tricia (Lizzie) announced this month's design team challenge: to use a stamp other than for its intended purpose.

I came up with using this circle sentiment and making it work double duty as some sunshine as well. I think it turned out pretty cute with a colorful kite and a blue sky background. All three stamps, the third being "you made my day", come from the newly revealed May Monthly Mix, Dream Big. The set will start to ship on out May 1, so you still have plenty of time to get it at the discounted club rate. I know the girls are working on the website this weekend, so you may need to stop back, if you can't get past the homepage. Trust me, this set is well worth it!

Now, don't miss what creative ideas all the other Lizzie Anne girls have thought up for this challenge as well. Links to all the blogs are listed over there ------> on the right under Lizzie Anne Designs.

What's In It?
Stamps- May Monthly Mix Dream Big (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Paper- vanilla, red, pumpkin, summer sun (SU), white (PTI), Earth Love (Cosmo)
Ink- pumpkin (SU), black (Memento)
Other- circle punch, photo corner punch (SU), Copic markers, PTI buttons, wavy scissors, glue dots, pop dots

10 comments:

wendyp said...

That makes a super sweet sun!!! Adorable card!

Deb said...

Adorable, Bethany! I love that sun! These stamps work so great together! Love the paper you chose, too!

Kendra said...

Totally CUTE! I love how you made it into a sun! I am not an out of the box thinker either, so this was a huge challenge for me too. Great job!

joslyn said...

such a great card. love it.

Meridith said...

This was a huge challenge for me too! I love your card, so cute!

Tricia Ulberg said...

I LOVE this card...the sun is just adorable!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wonderful use of the sentiment, love your fun and festive kite scenery!

Dawn Easton said...

Super cute, Bethany!

B said...

Oh LOVE your scenery card and the great sun you created!!! Super adorable!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how sweet! I love your sun. . .too cute!