It's Not All Black and White

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Happy Forest

Hola Chicas! It is a gorgeous day! And I'm wasting it away in the house. As soon as I'm done here, I'm out! Buster and I are heading for the trail. But in the mean time, here's the Happy Forest by Stamping Bella. And quite the happy looking little forest it is, wouldn't ya say?
I used Julee's Mojo Monday sketch (only a day late, WooHoo!) to show off my YUMMY new Basic Grey Sultry paper. This may be the first thing I've ever bought that I found too pretty to actually cut into. It took me a whole three days to get over that. LOL. It seems to be selling out everywhere, but I see Julee must have just listed some at Verve Visual, here. The image is colored with markers and a watercolor brush.
Hope you're having a happy sunshiny day.
Ingredients:
Stamps-happy forest (Stamping Bella)
Paper-chocolate chip, pixie pink (SU); sultry (Basic Grey); watercolor
Ink- noir (Palette); close to cocoa, garden green, brocade blue, pink passion, only orange, summer sun, pixie pink (SU markers)
Accessories- pin (Heidi Grace); ribbon (May Arts); sequins and mini brads (Queen & Co. Kissy Fit Sassy Sequins); slot punch (SU); d'vine swirls embossing folder (Cuttlebug); dimensionals

17 comments:

Stefanie said...

Very pretty Bethany! I love the way you colored in the forest. It's so cute and happy!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love that hat pin

Tami McBeain said...

What a fun happy little card! I adore that new GB paper, I agree it's so pretty you just want to hoard it! Have a great day!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh Bethany, this is just so happy! I love that stamp and the wonderful colors you've used. The hat pin is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for playing! Have fun on the trail! :)

Shannan Teubner said...

This is so fun and happy! I love it!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is adorable! I just love this image! Wonderful coloring too! Beautifully done! :D

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute! Your coloring looks wonderful, and I love your color choices!! The pin is a lovely touch!!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful card Bethany! That image is so pretty! That DP is yummy!!

Beth Thomas said...

This is too cute! So very happy! And I love your pin accent! I have this adorable stamp and am ashamed to say it has yet to see ink! Thinking you have just inspired me to break it out! Hope you had a wonderful day outdoors!

Janine said...

I love this. Everything works so well together~

Anonymous said...

Your coloring looks fantastic! The whole card is beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

Christi Flores said...

What a happy card!! I love it!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable card, Bethany! LOVE that paper! Hope you got to enjoy the day!

Unknown said...

OOOh I LOVE this!! What a happy image and a great great card!

Alhambra Club said...

this is fantastic, love this cute little "happy forest" scene.

Sarah said...

Great card! I love the colours you've used.

xx :0)

Anonymous said...

I love, love, LOVE this Happy Forest! This is the second time I've seen it used and I'm absolutely SMITTEN with it! And you combined it with the new Sultry paper which I'm expecting in my mailbox soon. Gosh, I haven't even seen every piece of it yet. Love this one. Love the image in the card below, also. Wow! These are some FUN stamps! Thanks for getting me all excited, Bethany! I needed that!