It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Check out my Surfer Granny!

Is she not the coolest? I can't wait to play with her some more. And she came in a little acrylic set for $2.50. Looks like she's sold out right now, but there are a few choices still in stock here.

I just plopped granny and the sentiment on an acrylic block together and stamped once, with Graphite Brilliance ink. Then colored with my Copics. Her surfboard has a fresh coat of wax, otherwise known as Sakura Glaze pen. And her shades are covered in Sakura GellyRoll glitter pen.

Layout courtesy of Jen's sketch challenge, here. Sorry, I moved it around a bit.

Stamps: Only a Kid Once (Inkadinkado)
Paper: celery, chocolate (SU); white (Papertrey Ink); patterened (MAMBI)
Ink: graphite Brilliance; Copics-B00, C1, E31, E00, YR31, YG31, RV34, R29
Accessories: swiss dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); glaze and glitter pens (Sakura); rhinestones (Darice); dimensionals

13 comments:

Alex said...

totally cute - I laughed out loud when I saw this Bethany! Love how you did Jen's sketch, and the paper colors are awesome! Great card!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fsbulous card brilliant image ,love it ,Dawnx

Rose Ann said...

This is too cute, Bethany!! Your coloring looks great, and I love the paper you've paired her with!!

Christi Flores said...

This is too cute!!! Love it!

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a wonderful card, love that paper and the sentiment is great.

Unknown said...

This is just too funny!! What a great little set and your card is just wonderful - love the words in color!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this stamp with the sentiment. That is sooo true and totally adroable! Love it!
Your coloring and paper you chose is great! Hugs and smiles

Carolyn King said...

VERY cute and i love this card! Definitely a steal at that price! tfs!

jjcreations said...

Okay....I'm not an ole granny yet....but I do truely live by this sentiment. I don't think I will ever grow up....which makes me wonder what I'll be like when I am as old as this! Very cute card. Joan

Dawn Easton said...

haha! Love this card Bethany! Sure makes me smile...hehe!
Love how you coloured her and the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!! What a fun image and paired with the perfect sentiment. Way fun!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how fun! What an adorable little set!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

So cute!!!! Makes me giggle!

:-)