It's Not All Black and White

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One Lifetime Bridal Shower

I'm going to a bridal shower this weekend, so I pulled out my new Filigree Fantasy to make an elegant card for the bride-to-be. The sentiment, from Anniversary Birds, is done with platinum embossing powder on vellum card stock. Be careful not to overheat. I drew an edge all around the vellum with a Zig Painty, and this is where I applied a thin bead of adhesive on the back. It's so hard to attach vellum. The brads were a last minute addition.

Stamps: Filigree Fantasy, Anniversary Birds (Verve Visual)

Paper: shimmer white (Paper Accents); chocolate chip, soft sky, vellum card stock (Stampin' Up!)

Ink: chocolate chip (SU); Versamark

Accessories: silver brads, mini glue dots, chocolate chip taffeta ribbon (SU); platinum embossing powder (Ranger); silver paint pen (Zig Painty); dimensionals

I'm on my way out the door, but here's a quick update on my vacation. Thanks to all of you who have shared ideas. We arrive very early in London, then we're taking the Eurostar to Paris where we'll stay two nights. Then back to London for five nights in a hotel near Chelsea. I know we'll be rushed, but I'm afraid we'll never get back. So we jammed Paris into the trip as well. The Windsor Castle state apartments are closed the entire time we're in London. Is it worth seeing even without that part of the tour? We may try a day trip to Dover to see the cliffs and castle. Bath is another possible day trip. I'm figuring at least two days in London itself for a walking tour, the London Eye, and museums, etc.

19 comments:

Pegg S said...

Keep an eye on the train workers strikes that may affect the Chunnel. I just read something briefly about that this morning. Bath is quite lovely. 2 days in London proper will limit you. There is A LOT to do in the city!! :)

Tina said...

This is a beautiful card. I don't travel ~ so I have no tips but I am VERY Happy for you!!! :)

Debby said...

Beautiful! I think I'm going to have to get the filigree set. Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is a great card. I don't do wedding's and showers very well. I'll have to try this with my set!!!
TFS!

Melissa said...

So lovely Bethany! I suddenly feel a CASE coming on!

Many Blessings,
M.

Alex said...

what a gorgeous card Bethany - very elegant and perfect for a bridal shower!

Wow! You could spend five days in London proper and not see everything - there is a TON to do and see there! Bath is wonderful and worth the trip! And Paris will be so much fun! I am so excited for you - can't wait to see the pics! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

jjcreations said...

Very pretty. Everything is placed so well. I haven't used velum in a while....I think I'll try to fit it in this week. Joan

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful card Bethany, it's stunning!!! I need to pull out my vellum cardstock...thanks for the inspiration!!
I travel but never to London so I'm no help... but I am looking forward to hearing all about it when you return!!

Janine said...

Oh my !!1 This is just fabulous!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

So elegant, Bethany! Just lovely.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful Bethany!! What a great great card!! Have FUN on your vacation!! :)

Alyssa S said...

Love your card...it is so elegant and classic! Have a wonderful time in Europe! My husband and I went to the wine museum in Paris. Here's the link: http://www.museeduvin.com/english/ Kind of neat to see how things are/used to be done and you can try Napolean's favorite wine if you like! :)

Alyssa S said...

Can't remember if I said the wine museum in PARIS! Ha! :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Bethany! Gosh, I love the filigree background you created. It worked out perfectly for the brad placement. This is such an elegant card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a gorgeous card, Bethany! So elegant. . .absolutely beautiful! You must be so excited about your trip! You're going to have a fabulous time whatever you do!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful and elegant!! I love the soft colors!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so gorgeous and classy! Absolutely perfect!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time! THe town of Windsor itself is a delightful break from London even without going into the castle and it is a cheap bus ride away.

Be sure to go to the British Museum - free and fabulous! Quite an eclectic collection of treasures from around the world.

maiahs_momma said...

Love this card, it is sooooo beautiful...very elegant too :)! Love the colors you used :)!

Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com