It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wishing You Wild Success

I used one of Lauren's sketches, tweaked just a bit for this grad card. I love the fun colors (even brighter IRL).

I stamped the different stars from Seeing Stars (on sale through May 15) with Graphite Brilliance ink on Papertrey's white paper. Then colored with Stampin' Up markers. I used a watercolor brush to even out the lighter colors, and to apply the turquoise. I also used the turquoise marker to add the dots among the stars. The sentiment (from Great Expectations) is layered on two rectangle nestability die cuts, spliced together to get the proper length. The photo corner punch is covered in Star Dust Stickles, as are the smallest stars.

Stamps: Great Expectations, Seeing Stars (Verve Visual)

Paper: Certainly celery, basic black, tempting turquoise, so saffron (Stampin' Up!); white (Papertrey Ink)

Ink: Graphite black (Brilliance); so saffron, tempting turquoise, certainly celery, green galore (Stampin' Up!); cool gray 1 (COPIC)

Accessories: Star dust Stickles; icons gems (MAMBI); ribbon (American Crafts); photo corner punch (Stampin' Up!); rectangle die (Nestabilities); swiss dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); dimensional adhesive; watercolor brush

19 comments:

Renée said...

this is great! I love the colours. So bright and eye-catching!!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors on this card. I don't do bright near often enough. Great job!!!

Rose Ann said...

Fabulous grad card, Bethany!! I love all of the stars, and the pretty colors! Just wonderful!!

Christi Flores said...

This is awesome! I love the colors!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, vibrant card! Lov eit!
Hugs and smiles

Lauren (mytime) said...

So lovin the colors and those stars! Just YUMMMM!!!! Thanks for playin along :D

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card all those stars and glitter.

Daniela Dobson said...

This is adorable, I love stars and I need a graduation card. Love the colors.

jjcreations said...

This is very cool....love the colours. Joan

Janine said...

Fabulous!! I love this set from Verve. Great colors too.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Bethany, this is wonderful! I love the bright cheery colours!! Fabulous!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous card, Bethany! I LOVE the colors you use, girl! They always make me smile!

Christina Fischer said...

Love this!!! The colors are great -- bright and fun -- perfect for a graduate! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I love this, Bethany! The colors of the stars are so fun.

Alex said...

Ooh, I love this!! This is gorgeous Bethany - I totally love the colors and the stars! Great card!
*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jenn said...

This is fantastic, Bethany! Love how lively and colorful it is.

RaeAnne said...

i love your success stamp. my mom would love it too..
great job

=D

Libby Hickson said...

Love these stars Bethany, this card is so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful grad card!! I love the stars/colors and the little gems in the corner!