It's Not All Black and White

Friday, May 30, 2008

Sultry Butterfly

Would you look at that butterfly?!? I love it! I embossed two butterflies with white detail embossing powder on a paper from Basic Grey's Sultry pack, and cut both out. Then, because the butterfly is symmetrical, you can layer them back to back. That way it's a little stiffer, and if somebody catches a peek of the backside, it still looks great! I also molded it a bit to get the shape I wanted. The wings fold up a bit from the body, then curl back down near the edges.

All the papers, and the brad, are from the Basic Grey Sultry line. I rubbed the edge of the flowered paper along my chocolate chip ink pad to give it a bit of definition.

This card is 4.25 inches square. To get the perfect square AFTER scalloping the edge, do this:
1. Cut base card stock 4.25 by 11. (Half sheet card stock)
2. Now cut scallops.
3. Now you can cut the length to 8.5 (overall is now 8.5 by 4.25) and fold in half.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Stamps: Fluttering By (Verve Visual)
Paper: pearlized white (Paper Accents); Sultry (Basic Grey)
Ink: Versamark; chocolate chip (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Daisy (Prima); Sultry glazed brad (Basic Grey); detail white embossing powder, chocolate chip taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!); corner rounder (EK Success); dimensional adhesive

13 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful!! :0)

Unknown said...

So beautiful Bethany! The butterfly is just beautiful! :)

Alhambra Club said...

What a beautiful card, your butterfly is awesome.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! That is the coolest butterfly ever! Love the card. :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness Bethany, that butterfly is GORGEOUS! WOW!

Shannan Teubner said...

Bethany, this is just GORGEOUS!!! I love it!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous card fabulous affect ,great work ,Dawnx

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!! It stopped me in my tracks!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, Bethany!

Christi Flores said...

Wow! That butterfly is fantastic!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Bethany!! I love your big flower, and beautiful butterfly! Such pretty papers too!!

Beth Thomas said...

I have to agree, that butterfly, as well as, the rest of the card is awesome! Thanks for the little "math" tip on the folded scalloped card! Definitely will be put to good use!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gorgeous! I love how the bold outline of the butterfly makes it so perfect for something like this. Your card is just so beautiful!