It's Not All Black and White

Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Beauty of Dreams

It's the final day of this month's Verve Visual project parade. You still have time to squeeze in an entry for a chance at $15 in Verve bucks. Get inspired by the following pictures and link your card a this Verve Visual blog entry by noon today.

So here's what I was inspired to create. I thought this Nana's Nursery paper, though pink instead of red, really mimicked the pattern in the quilt. I also used the curve of the nightstand leg to make the front edge of my card. I cut the card base curve by hand, then traced it onto the Nana's Nursery paper and cut again. The sentiment and flowers are from Floral Whimsy. And those little black dots? They're mini faux eyelets. Just poke a hole with your paper piercer, then trace around it with a black gel pen.

Stamps: Floral Whimsy (Verve Visual)
Paper: Pearlized White (Paper Accents); Nana's Nursery Baby Girl (DCWV); So Saffron, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Onyx black (Versafine); Pretty in Pink, Sahara Sand (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: paper piercer and template (Stampin' Up!); black Gelly Roll pen (Sakura); rhinestones; Forever Flowers #4 (Prima)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the faux eyelets. very creative!!!

Alex said...

Beautiful, I too love the faux eyelets, you are so creative! I love the colors too - some of my favorites! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous, Bethany!! I love what you've done with it all, and your "eyelets" are fantastic!!!

Corie said...

This is just gorgeous -- you rocked this challenge!!

Dawn Easton said...

I LOVE this card. I commented on it on the VV blog. Love the wavy edge...fantastic Bethany!

Anonymous said...

I love your card! The curve is a very pretty feature and the faux mini eyelets are so cool. Love where you placed them, too. Your color choices are perfect, especially with the flower accents. Really sets everything off!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

This is splendid! I love that sentiment too!
~Angie

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a great take on the challenge, Bethany! Beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Another beautiful card. So creative in every detail... I couldn't help but give you the Kreativ Blogger Award. You can view it on my blog: http://creationsbyar.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
Adela