It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Days Like This

Doesn't he just looks like he's having "one of those days". So I paired this sweetheart with the sentiment from one of the Verve sets being released TODAY, Feeling Groovy. It's full of nifty sentiments taken from song lyrics. Go ahead, sing along. You know I am. "Mama said there'll be days like this..." I used to listen to the oldies station with my mom in the car and dance around our kitchen to songs like this. So I know so many of the 50's and 60's songs by heart.

What's In It?

Stamps: Feeling Groovy (Verve); For Father (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: White, Chocolate Chip (SU!); White, Spring Moss, Everyday Blessings (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: vintage photo distress ink (Tim Holtz); graphite black (Brilliance); Copic markers-YG03, YG63, E31, E57, R46, G21, Y21, B00, C1, 0; clear glitter pen (atyou Spica)
Accessories: chocolate chip taffeta ribbon (SU!); antique brads (Lasting Impressions); dimensionals

Stop over at Verve to see all the new releases, including a new line of stamps, Plain Janes. Check out the June Stamp Collection, available at a great price until June 30.

There's also another Storage Units, Ink & More peak and giveaway going on today at Leigh O'brien's blog, Sunflower Studio.

7 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love your card, and these sayings sound like a must have, on my way over there now.

Alex said...

This is too cute!! Love how you colored the sweet little image (I love this one, he is one of my faves!) and that saying is awesome! And, now I have that song stuck in my head - LOL!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tina said...

Hi Bethany.
Great card, really shows off your extreme talent!

Unknown said...

Way too cute!

Beth Thomas said...

Perfect sentiment for that lil fellow!!! I love this card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable, Bethany! I just LOVE this doggie stamp. . .how cute!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This card totally makes me sigh. What a wonderful pairing of image and sentiment. Love it!