It's Not All Black and White

Monday, June 30, 2008

Here For You

Well, I found a dress for the wedding, and we had a really nice time! This is the only picture we took of the two of us. I hardly ever think to pull my camera out, even when I do take it to an event. And please, ignore my strange eyes. I have very blue eyes and the camera turns them demon-red. Then the red eye correction turns them into huge solid black circles. Lovely, hmmm?
Moving on...I made this pretty card which I thought would be perfect to tell someone, "I'm here if you need me", from the new Verve Stamps release, Here For You. The sentiment is embossed and the swirls are rub-ons. It was a little wishy washy, so I added black accents with a gel pen and by rubbing ink along the frayed paper edges.

What's In It?
Stamps: Here For You (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Whisper white, Almost amethyst Palette o' Prints (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Versamark; Midnight black (VersaMagic)
Accessories: black GellyRoll pen (Sakura); decorative pin (Heidi Grace); beads (Halcraft); white detail embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Wholy Cow rub-ons (Basic Grey); white thread and sewing machine, ribbon

8 comments:

Lisbet said...

Hi!
I´m just surfing around and looking for some new ideas and projcts.
I came across your side and I think it´s great. Thanks for all inspiration.

Lisbet
www.digiscrapp.blogspot.com

Tina said...

You make quite a cute couple, camera eyes and all! (((wink)))

Christi Flores said...

I think that is a beautiful picture and a beautiful card!!

Meridith said...

What a great picture Bethany! I love your card too...it's so lovely!

Rose Ann said...

That is such a great picture of you and your DH!! I love your beautiful card as well!!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous picture of the two of you!!

The card is pretty too ;)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Awww, look at you two! What a beautiful couple! LOVE your dress . . .you look gorgeous in it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Positively gorgeous. Love the soft colors paired with the distressed edges.