It's Not All Black and White

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Challenge Junkie

I think I'm getting addicted. I used Julee's Mojo Monday sketch for this week, Susan's Meet the Diva button challenge from the Verve Forum, and Verve's July Project Parade challenge to make an ATC. That's Artist Trading Card. If you'd like to join in, you have until noon Eastern time on July 31 to make your very own mini masterpiece. That will give you a shot at winning $15 in Verve Bucks. Check out all the fine print here.

And now for my pocket sized Picasso. I'd say it's pretty straight forward. I stamped the star and swirls, then cut it out to layer on the circles. I chose to actually sew on my buttons, which double as a scalloped edge, because I wanted the white thread to match the other white layers.

What's In It?
Stamps: Seeing Stars (Verve Stamps)
Paper: old olive, night of navy, pumpkin pie (Stampin' Up!); harmony: stripe (Paper Salon); pearlized white (Paper Accents)
Ink: night of navy (SU!)
Accessories: swiss dots cuttlebug folder (ProvoCraft); buttons (Dollar Store); ribbon (American Crafts and SU!); circle nestabilities dies (Spellbinders); thread; dimensionals

FYI-Check out some great sneak peeks from yesterday and today for Storage Units, Ink & More. Yesterday's peeks are at Leigh and Debbie's blogs. Today's are at Susan and Kendra's.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute!! I really like those buttons - you have so many fun elements added to your cute card!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought it was a whole card! That's fantastic! Love the ribbon, too.

Beth Thomas said...

This is too cute!!!! I love this little brightly colored ATC! Your embellishments are awesome! Making those little cards are almost (teeheehee) addictive!