It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Glittering Hibiscus

This card is 4.25 inches square. Which I love, because you can still mail it in a regular envelope, which I always have on hand, and not have to pay extra postage.

I inked the flower petals with my Real Red ink pad, then colored the stamen directly to the rubber with a More Mustard marker, then stamped. Once it was on the paper, I added ruby red and basic black highlights, by coloring over top parts of the image I had just stamped. The leaves were inked in celery, then marker to rubber highlights with an olive marker. I just trimmed around the circles to get that scallop at the bottom, then rubbed the edges with a black marker. Stickles and brads and voila!

What's In It?
Stamps: Garden Isle, Sketch Sentiments (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Paper: white (Papertrey Ink); basic black (Stampin' Up!); Romani (Basic Grey)
Ink: Real Red, ruby red, more mustard, basic black, certainly celery, old olive (SU!); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: fruit punch and lime green Stickles (Ranger); circle nestabilities dies (Spellbinders); black licorice brads (Lasting Impressions); dimensionals

6 comments:

Tina said...

No shock here Bethany, This is as beautiful as anything and everything else you create! Have a great day.

Alex said...

Really pretty card Bethany, I love all the details - especially the scallops, I am a sucker for scallops - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Sankari W. said...

Beautiful card - I love the way you did the flower. that was really impressive that you created that edge with a black marker! great tip! Love your blog!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful!! I love that big flower, and the sparkle!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So pretty, Bethany! I've missed a lot of fabulous creations here!