It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Snail Mail from Bethany

It seems to come up pretty often that I have to stick a check in the mail to a friend for this or that. I hate folding my checks to stick them in a regular sized card (4.25 x 5.5 inches). And I hate to just stick the check in the envelope all by its lonesome.

So, I created this cute, simple stationery set that will work for mailing checks. It's made with the largest megabilities long scalloped rectangle die cut as the base layer. The focal point is this darling "snail mail" stamp from the new Storage Units, Ink & More set, At a Snail's Pace (available August 1st). I made a couple of tall cards that just have my name (computer generated), and a couple of long cards that say "from the desk of Bethany Paull). I even fancied up the envelopes a bit with some patterned paper snippets to match.
Here's a close up of the long card version.

What's In It?
Stamps: At a Snail's Pace (SU Ink)
Paper: Core'dinations Grassroots, chocolate chip and very vanilla Stampin' Up!, brown and green polka dots K & Company
Ink: Tim Holtz's vintage photo distress ink
Accessories: circle nestabilities and long rectangle megabilities by Spellbinders, COPIC markers

You can also check out yesterday's peeks from Kimberly, Kathie, and Dawn. And Lauren has another one for you today.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, these are so cute, Bethany!! I love that card size too and think your cards are just perfect with all those scallops and that cute little snail!

Tina said...

Hi Bethany!
These are adorable. Before I read your post and without my reading glasses, I thought "from the desk" said "from the dirt". ha! Still thought it was top notch with snails coming from dirt and all.
Have a terrific day!

Tina

wendyp said...

Love that snail! Adorable cards!

Amy said...

great idea and super adorable Bethany!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are just darling Bethany! What a wonderful idea too! :D

veronica said...

your layout is great! love the colors too. the scallops are the perfect touch.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

adorable! I plan on making stationary/note cards with mine too.

Anonymous said...

this is such a great idea. I love the little snail. I wish you owed me a check so I could get on of these little card...LOL!!!

Unknown said...

Long time no post for me! But these are just toooo adorable -I especially love the horizontal layout for sending checks! (And I think you have just convinced me why I *need* those megabilities!)

Unknown said...

Super cute Bethany! What a cute image! :)

Kerry D-C said...

How CUTE are these!? way cute!
Can't wait to see the whole set!

jules said...

this is really cute. love the colors

Rhonda Kelly said...

This is super cute! I love the snail mail! The colors are fabulous too! Thanks for sharing.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Such adorable snail mail, Bethany! So, so cute!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

How cute are these, Bethany?!?! I love 'em! And if you're sending out checks, my address is... ;)

Jami said...

What a fantastic idea - it's the first I've seen the long nesties used this way...I will have to remember this!! These are too cute! Thanks!