It's Not All Black and White

Monday, July 21, 2008

Surfboards and Sunshine

Are you having a good Monday morning? I can't seem to get into the swing of things today, so I'll just leave you with a brief post. I can't seem to put down this Garden Isle set from Lizzie Anne. I stamped the hula girl and colored her with COPIC markers. I wanted her hair to be all dark and shiny, so I colored over it with a black gel pen. The surfboard is done in white embossing powder on some designer paper, with a fresh coat of wax (clear gel pen).

What's In It?
Stamps: Garden Isle, Sketched Sentiments (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Ink: graphite black Brilliance, Versamark (Tsukineko); perfect plum (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Pale plum, perfect plum, certainly celery (SU!); white (Papertrey Ink); Fresh Prints: plum blossoms (Deja Views)
Accessories: winter white embossing powder, celery grosgrain, earth elements brad (SU!); Kissy Fit Sassy Sequin (Queen & Co.); COPIC markers; black GellyRoll pen, white and clear glaze pens (Sakura)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I think I'm going to have to get this set -- I'm telling my husband it is all your fault, lol!! Great card!

Tina said...

Perfect, perfect perfect, perfect! :)

Christi Flores said...

OMG!! This is too cute!!!

Alex said...

So stinkin' cute, I love the purple in this card, it FEELS Hawaiian, and I think the surfboard looks fabulous!! Totally adorable Bethany! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

What a fun fun card Bethany!! I love the purple - so tropical! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Bethany, this is too adorable! I LOVE how you colored the floor into the background. . .just fabulous!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just so cute! Love the colors and layout. Beautiful card, Bethany!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh....this is sooo cute, Bethany!! I love the colors!!

wendyp said...

How cute!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Totally adorable Bethany!!! I'm going to need her for sure!

Beth Thomas said...

This is so... cute! I love everything about it- your coloring, the hair, the PP and paper pieced surf board- perfection! This set is definitely on my very long wishlist with the new sets!

Katie said...

great card! I love the colors and the surfboard!

joslyn said...

don't you just love that set? very cute card. love the purple and black.

Lauren (mytime) said...

O-MY!I LOVE how you colored just a portion of the bkgd to create a scene. Really awesome. The colors are super too.