It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Verve's a Member Company

That's right. As of yesterday afternoon, Verve Stamps is officially a member company at Splitcoast Stampers. Check out the entire Verve forum here. You'll find a free shipping code good through July 15, a Starry Challenge with $15 in Verve Bucks going to two random winners, not to mention all of the just for fun Verve chatter. Hope to see you there. You can stop in any ol' time.

Here's my sample for the Starry Challenge. I used a couple of shades of purple cardstock from the Grapes Core'dinations pack, along with Certainly Celery. These great stars from Verve's Polka Stars coordinate perfectly with Stampin' Up's large star punch. I love not having to cut things out. It always looks cleaner with a punch anyway. A litle bit of celery scalloped trim on the bottom, and it's good to go. I really like this clean "tall card" layout. Card is 3.5 by 6.25 inches.

What's In It:
Stamps: All About You, Polka Stars (Verve Stamps)
Paper: white (Papertrey Ink); certainly celery (Stampin' Up!); grapes (Core'dinations)
Ink: Perfect plum, elegant eggplant, old olive (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: gemstones (Hero Arts); scallop scissors (ProvoCraft); large star punch (Stampin' Up!); spring moss grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); dimensionals

The deets:

1. Simply make a new project using any kind of star (a stamp, a shape, an embellisment, paper, a punch, text, etc.). Doesn't matter what it is, it just has to have a star on it. Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got them why not show 'em a little love?

2. Upload your card to the SCS gallery using keyword VSCSTAR by Midnight ET (10PM Mountain time) on Tuesday July 8 and we'll select two random winners to receive $15 in Verve Bucks!

12 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

Oh, I love this! The colors are fantastic! I'll be heading over to SCS to check out the VV forum! :)

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!!! I love those colors. Man I wish I would've put a star set in my last order! :)

Melissa said...

Awesome Bethany!

Many Blessings,
M.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Bethany, I LOVE this! That color scheme is so cool and summery! I just LOVE it!

Dawn Easton said...

Bethany, I love the colour combo you used!! Great layout too!

Beth Thomas said...

Absolutely love everything about this. Awesome LO, color combo, images!!!!!

Rose Ann said...

I love these colors together, and your stars are awesome!!

Wonderful news about Verve being a member company at SCS!!

Unknown said...

How wonderful for Verve!! Congrats! Love your stars!! :)

joslyn said...

love this!! great layout and the purples are so fun!!

Corie said...

This is beautiful -- love the color combo!!

Alex said...

Fabulous card Bethany, I just love those stars!! Whoohoo, glad to see them on SCS!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I love this card. What a neat color combo, and the layout is so fun.