It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Buzzin' By

Sometimes I just don't have it in me to come up with a good blog title. Okay, let's face it. Most times I don't have it in me to come up with a good blog title. But I do think I came up with a pretty cute card today. At least I'm rather tickled with it. It's that clean vintage look that I've been loving lately around blog world and in the mags. I started with this sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You and my new Cute as a Bug stamp set. I dug out some coordinating paper and ribbon and set to work. I stamped the bee on confetti white card stock and colored with Copic markers. I applied Shimmerz gold glimmer Blingz, a light coat to the body and a heavier coat to the wings. I love the sentiment banners and flags that are so "in" right now, so I used one of those here. It seemed to fit right in with the buzzing bee. I achieved my vintage look with the confetti and kraft papers, roughing up the one layer, and staining the patterned paper with Vintage Touch tea dye duo inks. To keep the ribbon a little bit flatter, I didn't knot it. I just layered the two tails over one another and sewed on my button, gathering the ribbon behind it.

What's In It?
Stamps- Cute as a Bug (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Paper- kraft, confetti white, black (SU), urban prairie: wild flowers (Basic Grey)
Ink- tuxedo black (Memento), N5, 100, Y17, Y38 Copic markers; tea dye duo inks (PTI)
Other- gold glimmer blingz (shimmerz), Lil' Man ribbon (Cosmo Cricket), urban prairie button (BG), black licorice brads (Lasting Impressions), black thread, tonic distresser, pop dots

17 comments:

Juls said...

so cute! Love the bumble bee!

Nicole said...

LOVE IT! Especially the ribbon and button work! KUDOS!

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute! Great paper and ribbon treatment!

Unknown said...

Love this, so cheery!

veronica said...

you should be tickled. it is cute. i love bees.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

super cute! I love this bee.

Daniela Dobson said...

I love it!!! And I love the title.

Laura Davis said...

This is super cute! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Carly said...

This is so super cute! I love that paper and fun ribbon too!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, Bethany...and your bee is perfect with this paper!!

wendyp said...

cute, cute, CUTE!!! This card just makes me smile!!!

cnelson said...

oh so cute! love it!

Daniela F. said...

Very cute, love the little bee!! Congrats on making it to the Fab 5!

Kim Sonksen said...

Congratulations on making the fab five.
Love your card

Shemaine Smith said...

Congrats on the Fab 5!!! Cute card!

Stacy Milford said...

congrats on making the top 5! your card is just adorable!

Kimberly Crawford said...

LOVE this! The bumble bee and the BG papers are SO cute!!!