It's Not All Black and White

Friday, August 21, 2009

Clean and Simple Friday

(If you're looking for the Friday Funny, scroll down to the next post.)

I've got a quick but cute card to share with you today. I'll be using it to go with my cousin's wedding gift. She actually got married at the beach a little while ago, but there is an informal wedding party tonight. I used Fall-To Layout 55 from Clean & Simple Stamping, along with two stamp sets, Bloomin' Doodles for the flower and Say It In Script for the sentiment. This was pretty much a no-brainer, which was just what I needed since I've been in a creative funk for the past few days. I colored the flower with Copic markers (0, Y17, B02, B05, B29) and rearranged the sentiment to make it longer rather than taller. For that, I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig and a black Stampin' Up! marker.

What's In It?
Stamps- Bloomin' Doodles and Say It In Script (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Paper- vintage cream (PTI), kraft (SU), Woolsworths from Hometown collection (October Afternoon)
Ink- black marker (SU), tuxedo black (Memento)
Other- aqua mist satin ribbon (PTI), urban prairie button (Basic Grey), thread, pop dots, glue dots

9 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the papers you have used!

Unknown said...

So pretty!! that paper is some of my fav!! Love the big flower too! :)

Shannan Teubner said...

This is gorgeous, Bethany! Love the ribbon & button combo!

Jen said...

bethany, this is so pretty! great job with the colorls...and i love that sentiment! perfect for a wedding card!

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty and I LOVE the clean and simple look!

Dawn Easton said...

Bethany, this is so pretty! I love the flower you created!!! That colour is amazing!

Alex said...

Oooh, this is PRETTY Bethany, just love it!!! The ribbon and button combo ROCKS!!!

I am sooo glad to be blogging again, I have missed seeing your wonderful creations!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Natasha said...

Absolutely stunning!!!

Olga said...

Very pretty. I really like that DP with kraft combo.