It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Baby on the Brain

It seems like every time I turn around, another of my friends is expecting. So I may as well get to work on some baby cards. For this one, I also made a matching little treat bag, so they could be used for a baby shower.


I can't remember right now, but I think the card is about 6-1/2 inches long. Just a bit too long to fold over a 12 inch long piece of card stock. So here's how I did it. The base layer (aqua) is 6-1/2 x 3-1/4 approximately. Whatever size fits into your envelope. The second layer (moss) is about 7 by 3 inches, so that you can fold it over to the back and glue on. Like this ----->


The medium dots are stamped on vellum. I like the thicker vellum card stock. Be sure to allow plenty of drying time. One row of large dots is stamped on the base aqua layer. For the bow, I find it easiest to tie the bow first, then attach with a glue dot. And, oh, this ribbon (Papertrey Ink luxe satin) ties like a dream. That tiny little strip of striped paper is from Papertrey's Everyday Blessings 6x6 pad. Before assembling, rub all the edges except base layer along a black ink pad.

The little vellum treat bag is done like a 2-4-6-8 box, but I made it a 1-3-4-6 box, about four inches tall. So start with a piece of vellum 6-1/2 x 5-1/2, this allows room for trimming the scalloped top.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ingredients:
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Trajan Monogram (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Everyday Blessings (PTI); vellum card stock (SU!)
Ink: black (Palette); cool caribbean (SU!)
Other: aqua mist luxe satin ribbon (PTI)

14 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a beautiful set, Bethany! So elegant.

Anonymous said...

I am with Charmaine! Gorgeous card and box!
Hugs and smiles

Rose Ann said...

Fantastic card and box, Bethany! I love how you've used your new PTI goodies! Beautiful!!!

Janine said...

What a pretty card and the box is just the perfect complement to it !!

Alhambra Club said...

this is such a beautiful set, I love that card, it is so non traditional but so soft and lovely. Have a great weekend.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a classy little baby set. Love the fold over technique for the longer card.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute, just love it. I never thought of vellum for a treat box. Great idea.

Dawn Easton said...

Bethany, this is beautiful!

Alli Miles said...

Love your projects!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

That is gorgeous! So classy!

Jenn said...

This turned out beautifully, Bethany! Both are just gorgeous.

Lea L. said...

These are very pretty!! Love them!

Have a great Saturday!
~Lea L.

Carolyn King said...

Gorgeous...love the matching box. Very clever!

Debbie Olson said...

Bethany, I love your style--classic, and often non-traditional, but always perfect!