It's Not All Black and White

Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Quickie

I used Lauren's Saturday Sketch for this very quick and simple card. The idea was to put an image in any one corner and keep the card to a single layer. What could be easier?

That being said, I sort of cheated a little. I wanted a patterned background. So I adhered a full size layer of this Stampin' Up! designer paper to a white card (4.25 by 5.5 inch). I stamped the flowers on a slight angle once in the corner, once off the upper side and once off the lower side. All the stamping is done with Versamark ink and black embossing powder. I added three little gemstones for bling and balance.

By the way, I meant to use the polka dotted side of this paper and accidentally glued the wrong side down. Oh well, you never would have guessed if I hadn't told you, right?

Ingredients:
Stamps: Essence of Love (SU)
Ink: versamark
Paper: amethyst palette o' prints, white (SU)
Other: black ep (SU); gemstones (Hero Arts)

15 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Gorgeous! And no, I would have never guessed!! LOL!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Some of our mistakes turn into the best masterpieces! I love it.
I have SOOOO loved that set, and keep thinking about it! LOL! This is just so pretty

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful ... I'm going to have to give this one a try.

Alhambra Club said...

This is beautiful, love the elegance of it.

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

Many Blessings,
M.

Janet said...

I loved this sketch, too! I made 3 cards using this idea. I work full-time and don't have time to spend hours on one card. Keep making simple cards for those of us who are time-challenged. Thanks!

Carolyn King said...

It is beautiful--I love the side you used...looks like wind!
Very pretty card!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh it's beautiful! I have this set on my wish list still. Maybe next month ;)
Your card is wonderful in Amethyst!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Love that stamp and it is so gorgeous in that corner -- this is a perfect card!!! Gosh, I wish I could just go down and do all these fun sketches!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You made me chuckle. Sounds like something I would do.

Hugs and grins

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is gorgeous, Bethany! That's too funny that you used the wrong side of the paper. . .I'm trying to picture it with polka dots now! LOL I keep seeing this set and each time I think "maybe I should get that!"

Unknown said...

Your "mistake" is beautiful!! I love the flowers on that side - so pretty Bethany!! :)

Erica Bass said...

This card makes me think "Why don't I have this set?" I love happy accidents!

Rose Ann said...

This turned out so beautiful, you would not guess the patterned paper was not what you were going for! Wonderful job with the challenge!!

dawnmercedes said...

ooooh! perfection!