It's Not All Black and White

Monday, March 24, 2008

Big Bold Bloom

I used Beate's weekend sketch for this card. I actually found this flower all done up and ready to go in a pile of my stuff today. It's from forever ago, like a year?!? Beate's sketch came to mind immediately.

The flower is stamped in Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I think the paper is Runway Circles by Top Line Creations. I layered it on Stampin' Up prints paper in Celery, then on Petals and Paisleys, each edge rubbed on Vintage Photo Distress ink (Tim Holtz). Because I wanted to layer the celery with dimensionals, I first layered it on the same sized card stock for stiffness. Add sentiment from Essence of Love and a few little gemstones.

Recipe:
Stamps-Big Blooms (retired) and Essence of Love (Stampin Up)
Paper- white, Petals and Paisleys, prints celery (SU); Runway circles (Top Line Creations)
Ink- Versamark, old olive (SU); vintage photo distress ink (Tim Holtz)
Other- clear embossing powder, brown organdy, dimensionals; large gemstone (Darice); tiny gemstones (Hero Arts); Paper piercer

10 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a fun card!!! Love the piercing on your flower, and I MUST check out this sketch -- it's wonderful!!! Great card!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous card Bethany! Love all the DP! It's fun to find things you may have forgotten about! Love what you did with the sketch!

Jenn said...

You did a great job on this, Bethany. Love your take on it!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Gorgeous big flower! How fun you got to use a flower you had made up before! I love when that happens and one thing gets off the table! LOL
Hugs and smiles

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is adorable! I LOVE the papers and colors. . and that flower is perfect!

Unknown said...

So pretty - the patterns all look so nice together!

Christina Fischer said...

Love this card! That flower is terrific -- perfect for the sketch!

Erin McKinney said...

Great card....I just love the Big Blooms set!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh great color choices for thsi Bethany. Love all the patterns toghter!

Rose Ann said...

What an awesome find, Bethany!! It looks so beautiful on your card...and with those pretty papers!!