It's Not All Black and White

Monday, March 10, 2008

I Tried It.

Jen's Sketch For You To try, that is. And here's the result:

I already has this little ladybug stamped and cut out from a previously failed card, so I made use of her here. I just love when half the work is already done for me like that. I actually rolled the ladybug around a small paintbrush handle so that the wings would stand up a bit. Then I glued the center line of her body down and adhered the wings with dimensionals. Both the ladybug body and all of the flowers were pressed into pumpkin ink, then rolled in red ink, then stamped on the paper. For the sentiment tab, I sponged the edges with red as well.

Thanks for stopping by, and here's wishing for a speedy spring arrival!

What's In It?
Stamps: Little Lady, Butterfly Kisses (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Going gray, basic black, pumpkin pie, whisper white (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Pumpkin pie, ruby red (SU!); noir black (Palette)
Other: anywhere hole punch, tab punch (SU!); scallop and oval punches (Marvy); white gel pen (Signo); brads (Lasting Impressions); ribbon (Offray); dimensionals; sponge

17 comments:

milkshake007 said...

This is so cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love your shaded flowers. That was a lot of work, but it looks amazing!
Hugs and smiles

Shannan Teubner said...

This is fabulous, Bethany!! I love it!

Unknown said...

C-U-T-E! LOE IT! I love that you had the patience to cut out those antenna, and that you rock-and-rolled all of those flowers and the bug! Gotta get that tab punch AND some nestabilities, now that I (just this weekend - shh) finally bought a Cuttlebug.

Alhambra Club said...

Such a cute ladybug, love your card.

Anonymous said...

You rock this set, girl!! I love how bright and fun this is!!

Sew Club said...

Very cute! Love all the orange and the stamped bkgd paper!

Michelle said...

What a stunning card, I just love the colors you used.

Amy said...

My favorite color in the whole wide world! I love this card Bethany!

Unknown said...

Great great card!! Love the orange!! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is adorable! I absolutely LOVE the round tab punch for the sentiment. Gorgeous card, Bethany!

Janine said...

I just love this set. You did such a beautiful job...

Geny said...

Love this card, the colors are so striking! Great job!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE it! I even love the ladybug in orange! (I never usually use orange, but you made it look fabulous!)

Julie said...

Fab card, I love the bright and cheerful colour

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Very pretty. Love the oranges!! Great job!!

Rose Ann said...

This is just beautiful!! Fabulous job cutting your Little Lady out!! I love the bright colors too!!