It's Not All Black and White

Friday, March 14, 2008

Tickled Pink

Nothing here is too original, but that's exactly what I needed today. A no-brainer. And I'm rather tickled with the results. Isn't it cute?

I used Beate's tutorial on SplitcoastStampers for a Peek-a-Boo treat holder. And I borrowed Lauren's pink and green birdie (from Verve Visual's Anniversary Birds). It was another one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments. But then, I have a lot of those while visiting Lauren's blog.
I stamped the bird in pixie pink, then rolled it in Purely Pomegranate ink. I stamped the sprig in Wild Wasabi then colored the leaves Certainly Celery. The flower is a tiny Sassy Sequin and brad from Queen & Co. I cut all of this out and set it on a copper metal edge vellum tag (no longer available, I think). All of that went on top of a scalloped circle cut with a Nestablities die.

The Purely Pomegranate ribbon is tied onto a Making Memories Cheeky flat clip. The white scalloped edge is cut with Fiskars scissors. I love that I feel free to add dimension to a project like this. I don't normally do too much dimension on my cards so that they'll mail easily. Here you can see a side view.

Here's what it looks like inside the first flap. By the way, all those polka dots stamped so quickly with Papertrey Ink's Polka Dot Basics set. I adhered another (white) Nestablities die cut and punched with a 1-3/8 inch circle. I added a few more Sassy Sequins too.
Since this is for a fellow stamper, I filled the treat holder with a little baggie of cheapie imitation Dew Drops (from Michael's candle aisle) instead of using chocolate. Because stampers don't like chocolate, ya know? LOL.

What's In It?
Stamps: Anniversary Birds, Thoughtful Florals (Verve Visual); Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Wild wasabi, Purely pomegranate, So Saffron, white (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Pixie Pink, Purely pomegranate, wild wasabi, certainly celery (SU)
Other: Nestablities scalloped circles dies; circle punch, purely pomegranate double stitched ribbon, small copper metal edge vellum tag (SU); cheeky flat clip (Making Memories); Kissy Fit sequins and brads (Queen & Co.)

22 comments:

Jenn said...

Bethany, this turned out perfectly! What a great idea for the 'filling'. :) Have a great weekend!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I LOVE it! The copper tag is so PRETTY!!!!
I love the colors you chose too :D

Shannan Teubner said...

That's awesome, you did a fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo cute! I love it! And what a great idea to hide sweets goodies for a fellow stamper in there.
Hugs and smiles

Carolyn King said...

this is adorable. love the fun surprise hidden in the fantastic card!

Anonymous said...

omg!! aren't you clever!! this is so adorable! aren't these fun to make??

Daniela Dobson said...

This is soooooooooo cute !

Anonymous said...

so cute-love the faux dew drops!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is perfect, Bethany! I love every last detail!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is absolutely adorable, Bethany! The WHOLE package!

My Paper World said...

Very cute! and I LOVE the colours!

CraftyC said...

Its beautiful!!
Clairexx

Unknown said...

What an adorable little treat! You put everthing together perfectly Bethany! Fun seeing you at the party last night! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so cute and fun! What a treat! I'd take Dew Drops (even off brand) over candy any day. She'll love this!

Natasha said...

What a cute idea! I love the bird holding the leaves, too cute!

Dawn Easton said...

Bethany, this is so cute! I love those birds from Verve Visual! Haven't inked mine up yet, may need to case you on this...it's adorable!

Rose Ann said...

What a great idea for the treat!! This is so cute, Bethany! I love it all!!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow how fabulous is this ,love it fantastic work as always ,Dawnxx

Heidi said...

This is so cute!! Thanks for the tip on the cheapie dew drops! I'll have to check them out!

Unknown said...

Bethany, this is just so special. I'm going to give it my best shot, but I'm thinking there's no way what I make could ever look like this! It's that wonderful. Thanks so much for this with all of us.

Mandy said...

Very cute and thoughtful. :)

dawnmercedes said...

cute! and whoever gets this little bundle of embellies is going to be very pleased!