It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, March 20, 2008

More Bali Breeze

I had this Bali Breeze paper out from yesterday's card, and this image has been sitting, colored, on my desk for a while. So I tossed them together.

These herb pots are from an old retired Stampin' Up set, Sweet Herbs. I think it was the second stamp set I ever bought. I stamped it on watercolor paper and colored with markers and a watercolor brush. Sorry, I don't remember what colors I used.

The green circles (in the background) were each cut with a Nestablities die or a circle punch. Then I stitched around the circles in green (so it's hard to see). The little tag is a cuttlebug die, which I layered on rust card stock and trimmed for a layer.

Recipe:
Stamps: Sweet Herbs (SU)
Paper: Really rust, watercolor, white, rose red, Bali Breeze (SU)
Ink: Palette Noir; SU markers
Other: circle punches, Nestablities circle die, Cuttlebug tag die, watercolor brush, American Crafts ribbon, Heidi Swapp jewels, dimensionals, sewing machine and thread, American Crafts blue glitter pen.

17 comments:

Tina said...

This is pretty. Really appreciate your shadying!

Erin Bigler said...

This is gorgeous and wow, are you awesome at shadowing...you should do a tutorial for the rest of us!

Alli Miles said...

Girl, you are on FIRE this week! I LOVE THIS!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness Bethany! This is beautiful! Your colouring is FANTASTIC!!! Love the idea of the stitched circles!

veronica said...

your watercoloring is fabulous! great job.

Unknown said...

Another fabulous coloring job!! You're amazing Bethany!! :)

jjcreations said...

For something you have "tossed" together, it is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. Joan

Anonymous said...

Bethany, this looks fantastic! I love your layering of the designer paper, the bling and of course your gorgeous coloring!
Happy Easter!

Christina Fischer said...

Gorgeous card, Bethany! That image is beautifully colored and looks perfect with the paper! :)

Carolyn King said...

this is GORGEOUS! Love the stamp and the creative green circles in the bg! Fantastic job!

Jill said...

Awesome! Your coloring is gorgeous!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is gorgeous, Bethany! I haven't seen that set in ages. . .LOVE what you did with it!

Rose Ann said...

This is beautiful, and I love your coloring on this!! The paper works perfectly too!!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Wowzers! This is colored and shaded so wonderfully! And the stitched bkgrd is great! I always wish I had gotten this set! Happy Easter to you!

~Angie

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Gosh, wish I had beautifully colored images like that hanging around my house -- this is GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing older stamps in use. Gosh, it looks like you were planning on pairing up this image and papers all along! Love the dragonfly tag. It's really a pretty card!