It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bloom

It's been a while since I placed a Stampin' Up! order. So when I got my SAB order the other day, the die cut stamps were all new to me. I LOVE 'EM! So quick and easy. Kudos SU!

Among my new purchases was this Bali Breeze designer paper and Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set. What do ya think of the combo? I would venture to say they're definitely not made to go together, but I think it works.

I stamped the flowers with Palette Noir on watercolor paper and colored with Stampin' Up! markers and a watercolor brush. Then I outlined with Copic's cool gray No. 1 marker. The prima was colored with Copic RV4, and centered with Star Dust Stickles.

I know I haven't been posting all that regularly as of late, so I especially thank any of you still stopping by and hanging in with me. BIG THANKS!!!

Ingredients:
Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful (SU)
Paper: white (Papertrey Ink); watercolor, pumpkin pie, taken with teal, Bali Breeze (SU)
Ink: apricot appeal, taken with teal, pumpkin pie, certainly celery, old olive, rose red, close to cocoa (SU); Palette Noir
Other: Nestablities dies; ribbon (American Crafts); cheapie Dew Drops; dimensionals; watercolor brush; sewing machine and thread; prima, Copic markers

24 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is gorgeous, Bethany! Your coloring is just fabulous! Don't ya just LOVE that Bali Breeze DP?

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is beautiful, love your coloring.

Jenn said...

Bethany, your coloring is GORGEOUS! I love how beautiful this is.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I can't get over how gorgeous this is, really...your coloring is to die for!

Judy Rozema said...

Bethany, this is just beautiful! Terrific colors and design!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is gorgeous! Love it!

Unknown said...

Amazing! Your coloring is perfection!! Such a beautiful card!! :)

sophia landry said...

Gorgeous! The colors are so bright and vivid, and you really brought this card together.

Dawn Easton said...

Bethany, this is gorgeous! Your watercolouring is fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. what a fresh color combo and your coloring is amazing.

Janine said...

This is just beautiful... Very pleasing to the eye !!

Kim Ross said...

What a beautiful card! The focal image is colored so exquisitely. :)

Melissa said...

Wow! This is amazing!

Many Blessings,
M.

Heidi said...

This is so beautiful Bethany! You colored it wonderfully and I love the accents!

Beth Thomas said...

This is beautiful! The colors are wonderful with this image and you did an incredible job painting it! I stop by each day (that I have time to check out blogs) to see what you have created. I think all of us that have blogs realize that there are times that life gets in the way of fun-teeheehee!

Lastel said...

Absolutely stunning , love this card , and your coloring is awesome !

Erin Bigler said...

Again...a tutorial please!!! I feel like a first-grader compared to your Monet-like talent!

Kacey Elliott said...

This is absolutely beautiful Bethany! I love the coloring you did, so pretty!

Barb said...

Bethany
Your card is just gorgeous.
I love how you tied the colors in from the bali breeze paper. Really pretty. Barb

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous!! Your coloring, papers, Dew Drops...everything is so lovely!!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

So very beautiful! Love the coloring and all the details! I just ordered this set myself!
~Angie

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Fabulous combo and I love how you watercolored the pot -- it's beautiful!!!! Love this stamp set -- and you have shown it off to perfection!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the rich colors! This is a fantastic card! The ribbon looks like it was made for it!

Debbie Olson said...

Bethany, what a fabulous card! Your colors are perfect--I was seeing this only in purples and blues, but I LOVE what you've done with it here!