It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hinged Circle Card

Here's something a little different for you today, at least it's a little different from my norm. And it was such a snap to put together, even if my directions seem a bit wordy.

Cut two of the largest Nestablities scalloped circles for your card base. These are about 4.25 inches in diameter. I actually used Cool Caribbean for the front and white for the back. The black circle was in my scrap folder. I believe it was cut with a Coluzzle. Cut one patterned circle with the largest circle die.

Adhere the two bases only at the top, scoring front and back about a half inch down so the card will open easily. I suggest you make sure the fold is placed at such an angle that TWO scallops rest flat on the bottom. This allows your card to stand upright as shown, rather than teeter to the left or right.

Stamp the flower from Silhouette Blooms I (Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms) three times with black ink. Layer on the black circle. Stamp "thoughts of you" from the same set on a long scrap of white paper. Rub the edges along the ink pad. Layer on Cool Caribbean.

You can see here how to use that same large circle die to cut the sentiment layer.

Adhere circles to card front and score crease again. Adhere sentiment strip (so that it is straight). Apply gemstones (optional). If you'd like ribbon, punch a hole between two of the scallops and knot ribbon.

Recipe:
Stamps-silhouette blooms I (Cornish Heritage Farms); Paper-white, caribbean, black, Bali Breeze (Stampin' Up); Ink-noir (Palette); Dies-Nestabilities large scalloped circle and circle; Punch-1/8"; Ribbon-Dashes Dots & Checks; Gemstones-icon (Me & My Big Ideas)

17 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love your round card it is great, thanks for the photo, still trying to find the cuttlebug formula for the nestabilities going to try one based on your photo.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Wow that is a pretty card! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Oooooh! Lovely Bethany!

Allison Rankin said...

This is such a wow...I love the striking colors!

Anonymous said...

Bethany, I LOVE your card. Love the colors, the stamps, the way you hinged it. Gorgeous card! gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Bethany! Beautiful colours and design! Oh I NEED those nesties now ;)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love your card!! What an awesome design with the scallops and the colors - so pretty Bethany really!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice and good to see something different and imaginitive. Thankyou.

Tami McBeain said...

Oh I love this! Thanks for the directions!

Kacey Elliott said...

Very pretty card Bethany! I can't wait to get my scalloped circle nesties now!

Alli Miles said...

It's stunning!!! Did you upload it in the CHF gallery???

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Bethany! I love the shape and colors and stamps you used! Fantastic!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH I LOVE it, Bethany! What a gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I make ones just like that as well. I made my kids little Easter baskets with the circle Nestabilities.I love that stamps used. Tfs!Kris

Anonymous said...

Cool idea. I'm going to try this! You make it look so easy and so pretty!

Shawn K.

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous! You really do make it look easy. :)

Janine said...

This is just beautiful! I love round cards. Nicely done!