It's Not All Black and White

Friday, August 1, 2008

Personalized Pencil Box

The latest Storage Units, Ink & More stamps are available today, so here's another quick idea for one of the sets.

I picked up this cute pencil box at Walmart, (I think it was like 50 cents) and set to work personalizing it for my friend's little girl. It was so easy to make a wrap that could be stuck around the box. I found it easiest to score all the lines first, stamp, then fold and adhere to box.

The stamps, all from A Touch of Class, are done in Graphite black ink and colored with Copic markers. To make the "floor", I colored the whole area with the light brown Copic, then drew a few little lines with a darker brown. Last, I lightly colored over the whole thing with the blender marker. The cute little butterfly punch is Core'dinations covered with Star Dust Stickles. Because what little girl doesn't love a little bling?

What's In It?
Stamps: A Touch of Class (Storage Units, Ink & More)
Paper: white (Papertrey Ink); plum blossoms fresh prints (Deja Views); grassroots (Core'dinations)
Ink: graphite black (Brilliance)
Accessories: Copic markers, martha stewart butterfly punch, Stampin' Up! round tab punch; Star Dust Stickles, American Crafts ribbon, sticky strip, black micron pen

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, now this is really cute! Great idea!

Unknown said...

What an adorable idea! My girls would just LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing the idea! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Bethany, this is super cute!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my gosh, can this get any cuter? LOVE it!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow whta a fabulous idea ,love it ,Dawnx

Rene Sharp said...

This is such a great idea. I have just the stamp I want to try something similar with. Thanks for the inspiration!

Alex said...

That is so stinkin' cute, I just love this and I am sooo doing this in a teacher's workshop I have coming up! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kerry D-C said...

How stinkin' cute is this?! Lucky Piper!

Martha said...

what a cute idea. I was thinking today, I wish I would think of a way to alter one of those.

Justine said...

I love this idea but it is too cute to use