It's Not All Black and White

Monday, August 20, 2007

CASEing Melissa

Hi All! I've got a card for you! And I even made this one myself. It's for last Sunday's Featured Stamper challenge. I chose this card by Melissa to copy. You can see that I changed up the colors and sentiments.

The "thanks" is from the Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet. I cut it from medium weight chipboard covered in Bravo Burgundy card stock. The large scallops were cut with the corner rounder with the guard removed. And the tiny scallops were cut with ProvoCraft scissors. I used my Sakura white glaze pen again for the dots. I am telling you, I LOVE this thing. I know people rave about the Signo white gel pen, but mine never works. This Sakura pen rocks. All I had to do for the dots was press down. Yep, that's it. The ink pours out perfectly and dries white. The smaller sentiments are from Papertrey Ink's new set, Beautiful Blooms, stamped in bravo burgundy and the tiny flowers in Old Olive.

Recipe:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Beautiful Blooms
Paper: blush blossom, old olive, bravo burgundy, papertrey white, chatterbox scrapbook walls Nook Garden Floral
Ink: bravo burgundy, old olive
Other: Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet, sakura white glaze pen, corner rounder, celery grosgrain, pewter hodgepodge hardware, ProvoCraft mini scallop scissors, medium weight chipboard

11 comments:

Karen said...

I love this! I use that thanks alot. It's easy to cut out and can be a great space filler. Great card

Dana said...

This is so pretty in it's simplicity. I have so much of that CHX paper and never use it...you've inspired me. I REALLY like those tiny scallops with white dots...I first thought it was ribbon!

Christina Fischer said...

So cute! Great colors! My Signo pen never works either! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a fun color combo, Bethany! I love the clean, simple design too!

Alhambra Club said...

Pretty card, will have to check out that white pen, I am constantly having issues with my white pens.

Holly Jordan said...

Very pretty! I like the color combo. I love the glaze pens, they are fab! TFS

Unknown said...

Ditto on the signo gel pen. I think I have bought 4 of them each time thinking THIS is the one that is goign to be as fantastic as everyone claims. Can you write your sentiment on black cs with the sakura or is it more for accents?

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous, Bethany! I love the colors, and scallops...and the chipboard sentiment is perfect! Love this!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Ooooooh! I love the ribbon, the scallops and the dots. Great card, Bethany!

Michele Kovack said...

This is so pretty...love those colors!

Heather P. said...

This is SO cute! Love the colors! :)