It's Not All Black and White

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fall Florals

Here's a second sneak peak of Verve Visual's new stamp set to be released on August 20th. It's called Fancy Florals. I started my card with the horizontal strip of designer paper (from Cosmo Cricket's Gretel line). From there I started stamping the flowers and stems in matching colors on pearlized cream paper. I wish you could see the way it shimmers IRL.

I just love all the different pieces you can put together in this stamp set. And since I mounted the rubber with Alene's Tack It Over and Over, I can even manipulate the long thin stems a bit, to curve how I want them. The leaves, I made by simply stamping the flower in greens, drawing in some veins, and cutting it into four pieces. I cut out a few of the flowers so I could layer them, give some dimension (pop dots), and mount some so they fell over the edge of the box.


I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to keep the sentiment straight as I stamped it all over the sage background. And that gorgeous ribbon? It's the most beautiful, soft, silky material, and it's made by May Arts.

Recipe:
Stamps: Verve Visual Fancy Florals
Ink: ruby red, sage shadow, old olive, chocolate chip, really rust, more mustard
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Gretel, Paper Accents pearlized cream medium weight, very vanilla, really rust, sage shadow
Other: May Arts ribbon, pop dots

21 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a fanastic card can't wait to see the entire stamp set.

Amy said...

Hey Bethany! I love what you did with the new Fancy Floral stamps. This card and the snowflake card are both so original! I feel like I do the same layouts over and over, but you girl, are rockin' it with these cards! Love it!

Amy

Shannan Teubner said...

I am loving this card...and that ribbon is so yummy. I love how you made the leaves and how you stamped the sentiment as the background. So clever!

Kelly said...

Very nice card! Gorgeous!

Joan said...

Wow, I'm impressed. The card, the stamps and that beautiful ribbon.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Bethany - just stunning!! Oh and I got my blog candy - thank you sooooo much!! I'll post a thank you when I get back from camping! :) Love it all!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a wonderful card! I just LOVE these flowers. . .so funky and cool! Love your choice of colors and papers too!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card, Bethany!

Christina Fischer said...

Gorgeous card! I'm loving the versatility of this set!

Anonymous said...

This is just darling! I just love those flowers and colors! :)

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love the layout and the colors. Can't wait to see the set on the 20th.

Dana said...

You are so clever. Those leaves are a perfect touch and I LOVE how you stamped the sentiment as the BG...*sigh* If only we could ALL be as ingenuitive as you...

So Sonya said...

ow wow what a stunning card!!

Michele Kovack said...

Very pretty card! Love those flowers!

Samm said...

Wow, this is a great card! love the colours!

Samm
x

Rose Ann said...

Everything works so well together on this gorgeous card! I love the papers, and those flowers!

Heather P. said...

Oh WOW, I just LOVE this!! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is really beautiful! I clicked for a close up and I can see the shimmer of the paper very well. Gorgeous! Nice work!

Jen said...

Wow what a cool card! I love all the details that went into it. You are so talented!

Erica Payne said...

This card is so pretty. I love the fall colors.

Alli Miles said...

VERY nice! Love what you have done with this set.