It's Not All Black and White

Monday, August 27, 2007

Love Birds

Amidst a busy weekend, I squeezed in a couple of hours Saturday afternoon to go to my Stampin' Up! demonstrator's stamp camp. I'm so glad I did. I needed a little time with some fellow stampers. It's so rare I get to stamp with anybody besides myself for company. Since I added a few of my own additions to this card, I figured I could post it here among "my creations". The reflected birds were done by stamping one on each side of the lightweight vellum, then coloring them both on the one front side. Really easy way to get a reflection. The vellum was then layered onto white card stock with black eyelets. I added the fern stamps to the background in Going Gray (on the new Basic Gray), the black sentiment and piercings.

Well, before the week is out I have to design and make 24 wine bottle labels for a friend. And today is my day to spend with my mom. So I better get myself moving this morning. Have a great day. Okay, maybe that's asking a bit much, but at least shoot for a good Monday.

13 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is so elegant and lovely

Allison Rankin said...

Love this...great with the gray!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful card, Bethany! Have a good day with your mom!

Karen said...

Great card. Your coloring is beautiful

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I like the reflection technique. Can't wait to see your wine bottles. Hope you had a great day with your mom.

Rose Ann said...

Great job with the technique, and coloring!! Pretty card!

Good luck getting those wine labels done. ;) Hope you had a great day with your Mom!

Heather P. said...

This is SO sweet!

sophia landry said...

Very cute, such a good idea to reverse it on vellum! I'll have to try that out.

Colleen Schaan said...

What a great tip for making reflections. Thanks for sharing. The card is lovely!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So, so pretty. I like cards with birds on them.

Swamp Tulip said...

Very pretty. Love the birds.

Teresa

Dana said...

Wine bottle labels sound like a fun project! Hope you can show them to us.

Very pretty card with great coloring. I've noticed that you are quite good at that!

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous reflection technique and a beautiful card! I love this set. The vellum not only works well for the reflection, but it adds an elegant touch to the card.