It's Not All Black and White

Friday, August 24, 2007

Long Time, No Sea

Really, "Long time, no sea!" I haven't posted to my blog too much this week. It's been so busy. Right now, some of our friends are still here. Josh had a fantasy football draft here at the house tonight, so about ten of the guys were over. And some are still in the basement playing ping pong. I've been working on this card in bits and pieces over the last couple of days. I have so much new rubber, I don't even know what to do with it all. I've barely used my two new Papertrey sets. I got my first Stampin' Up order since the "new" catalog in July, and I ordered a few Hambo stamps when they were having a great sale. I feel like I buy in spurts.

These are a few of my new Hambo stamps. This is my first time buying from Hambo, and I really like them. I stamped the seahorse on pearlized white card stock, drew a water line with my micron pen (and a few water ripples), and colored with an aquapainter. Same with the happy little clam. I just love that little guy. The flower center is a piece of Taken with Teal, covered in crystal effects, with a brad on top.

Oh yeah, I used Beate's Weekend Sketch challenge for my layout.

Recipe:
Stamps: Hambo stamps
Paper: papertrey white, paper accents pearlized white, brilliant blue, taken with teal, sahara sand, arctic frog, basic grey
Ink: Versafine, pumpkin, brilliant blue, taken with teal, sahara sand
Other: cuttlebug dots embossing folder and scalloped circle die, ticket corner punch, giga scalloped oval punch by Marvy, coluzzle, circle punch, may arts ribbon, creating keepsakes flower, JoAnn's brad

14 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Really cute! I love Hambo stamps too!

Melissa said...

Hahaha! This is too cute!

Karen said...

This card is so cute! I'm going to have to check out those stamps!

Unknown said...

Great job with the sketch! That paper is so cute and everything matches perfectly! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely adorable!
Thanks for trying out the sketch!

Bethany, where do you live? You have a ping pong table? I wanna visit!!! LOL

Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What an adorable card, Bethany! I LOVE the water line and ripples that you drew! Those are awesome! I know what you mean about having too much new rubber and not knowing what to do with it all! LOL

sophia landry said...

Adorable, those Hambo stamps really are cute. This is a great color combo for your Sea!

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the seahorse and the water

Rose Ann said...

Your card is adorable! I love those cute Hambo images, colors and how you incorporated Beate's sketch into your design! So cute!!

Sew Club said...

Love this! The colors and layout are great! My hubby is having a draft tomorrow. He's SO excited! Don't really get it, but then again, he probably feels the same about my stamp obsession! LOL

Heather P. said...

This is SOOOO cute! Love the colors and the images you used. :)

Anonymous said...

This is really super cute! I like how you picked a flower that resembles an anemone. Also--the clam--he just cracks me up! Love the bright colors and all the fun!

Anonymous said...

Well this little sealife card is just bound to open up smiles for whoever receives it!

~Bev

Alli Miles said...

VERY CUTE!!!! This is just about the most adorable card I have ever seen.