It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Shopping District

I've had this image stamped and colored and laying on my desk for probably a month or more. So I finally decided that today was the day to get it out of my way.
I thought the circles from this stamp set (Let's Go For a Walk by My Favorite Things) could look a little like a cobblestone walkway if I colored them correctly. So I stamped the lady with her dogs, masked them, and stamped the circles underneath. This was all stamped with black Versafine on Stampin' Up's watercolor paper, then colored with an aquapainter and inks, and markers. And then it sat on my desk, as mentioned. Today I decided that they looked like they're strolling through a quaint shopping district (ya know, the cobblestones?). So I added the "awning" and "shop sign". Doesn't the sentiment just look like one of those shop signs that hang over the sidewalk, under the awnings? Mounted it on a white card, and tah dah! Finished! Oh yeah, I made the awning by gluing saffron strips of paper on real red and cutting with scalloped scissors.
I actually have another MFT card for tomorrow. It's another blog group challenge. Rose Ann sent us all some Hit the Beach images to work with, along with some other goodies. Be sure to check back tomorrow to see what I, and the other girls, came up with.
I Used:
Stamps: My Favorite Things Let's Go For a Walk and Say Charge
Ink: Versafine black and various Stampin' Up inks and markers for coloring
Paper: Papertrey Ink white, Stampin up watercolor, real red, so saffron, basic black
Other: provocraft scalloped scissors, black eyelets, aquapainter

10 comments:

Meli Palmer said...

Adorable...and oh so clever!

Admin said...

Love it, very clever, love the colors you chose and the coloring on the image.

Alhambra Club said...

Love the awning and cobblestones.

Lila H said...

This is stinkin CUTE!!! very clever for the awning, lila

DoxieGirl said...

Awesome - love the awning and the cobblestones. But, you've made that cute little doxie stand out! I *heart* doxies! :)
~Kendra

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I would TOTALLY love to shop in this district! Awesome card. . .and LOVE the color of that awning!

joslyn said...

oh! i love the awning!

Rose Ann said...

I love your idea for the awning! Great coloring! Wonderful card!

Unknown said...

Totally adorable! Love the awning...and your coloring is perfection! Nice work! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is super cute! Love your awning--a great idea for this headless lady. Beautiful coloring and I love the cobblestones!