It's Not All Black and White

Friday, August 3, 2007

A Second Group Challenge

Rose Ann from Paper Delightz took this round to send out some stamping goodies to six of us, to see what we would create all using the same basic supplies. She sent four stamped images of this girl from My Favorite Things' Hit the Beach. Two were brown and two were black. I wanted to use three, so I traced over all of them with my black Sakura gelly roll pen. Voila! Three black images. Actually, since I didn't know if the pen would hold up to water, I watercolored them first, then traced in black.

The idea came from an old commercial. I don't even know what they were selling, but do you remember the commercial were there were a whole line of bikini-clad girls lying on the beach in a row, and they would all flip over at the same time? Well, that's what I was thinking of with my little row of girls here. And the striped designer paper looked like a beach towel to me. So under the girls it went. And then it sat on my desk until Lauren's sketch challenge showed up at the Dare To Get Dirty challenges for Splitcoast Fan Club members. So I finished off this simple card according to her sketch. I liked this sentiment by Verve Visual, because these girls look like they're enjoying a bright, sunny day. I threaded the ribbon through a pewter swirl clip and set a new jumbo eyelet in the center.

Here are the other bloggers joining in the challenge. If they aren't up already, they should have their cards up sometime today. Check 'em out. I know I can't wait to see what they've done.

Adelina, Well Said Cards
Angel, Angelosity
Lori, Make a Difference
Rose Ann, Paper Delightz
Tracy, Misplaced Texans

What I Used:
Stamps: Hit the Beach by My Favorite Things, Thoughtful Phrases by Verve Visual
Ink: brocade blue, elegant eggplant, pumpkin pie
Paper: bashful blue, elegant eggplant, shimmer white, whisper white, Story Time from Cosmo Cricket
Other: Offray ribbon, pewter jumbo brad and hodgepodge hardware, black sakura gel pen, aquapainter

7 comments:

Rose Ann said...

This is super cute, Bethany! You are so clever to convert the brown to black, and I love the way you did the ribbon and eyelet! The sentiment is perfect as well (I just ordered that).

Christina Fischer said...

Love it!! So fun and summery! The colors and embellishments are perfect! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is wonderful, Bethany! Love your coloring and the sentiment!

Unknown said...

Very cute card!! I love the colors and how each coordinates! Great job!

Anonymous said...

How CUTE!! LOVE the way you did the eyelet, ribbon and clip! So darling!!

Anonymous said...

Man...you are too smart, I actually wished mine were all stamped in the same color, too....you get the resourcefulness award! Love your big eyelet in the middle of the swirl clip, too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is great! Super duper with this sketch! I love the sentiment with these images--you're right--it works perfectly!