It's Not All Black and White

Friday, August 10, 2007

An Easy Treat

I was in the mood for a simple card today, so this A Muse popsicle pink note card seemed like a good place to start. The stamp is called Tiers of Treats by Stampendous, but I masked off the bottom tier (usually there are three) so that it would fit nicely on my card. I stamped on Whisper White with black StazOn and colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I added white dots to the cake and icing with my white Sakura glaze pen and covered the strawberries with the clear pen so they're nice and shiny IRL. FYI--the white glaze pen goes on rather clear, but dries white, as you can see. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and I doodled the framing by hand. And, well, I guess that's it. Told ya I was in the mood for simple today.

Recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous Tiers of Treats, Papertrey Ink Paper Tray
Ink: Black StazOn
Paper: A Muse note card, whisper white, real red
Other: sakura white and clear glaze pens, micron black pen, prismacolor pencils and gamsol, SU red grosgrain ribbon

10 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Oooh, and I havent' had lunch yet, great card, will have to hit my stash of strawberries.

Anonymous said...

I love this Idea!!! I have the stamp and NEVER thought of not using a layer!
Cindy YLM

Karen said...

Great card. I love the sentiment with the stamp

Christina Fischer said...

This is darling! I have that stamp and never thought to take off a tier! Thanks for sharing! :)

Joan said...

Yum! Good enough to get me hungry. How cute and clever to only use 2 layers.

Shannan Teubner said...

Lovin this card! Those strawberries look sooo yummy.

Beth Thomas said...

Yummy! What a cute card! I love the coloring of the goodies and the background is perfect for the image!

Unknown said...

Very cute! And what a nice use of two of the tiers of treats! Great card!

Rose Ann said...

What a delicious card! Great job on the coloring!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, the layout may be simple but it's ultra-cute on that notecard! You didn't sacrifice any quality on the coloring--it's fabulous! Looks so yummy. Love the way you made it fit your card by masking off a layer. Brilliant!