It's Not All Black and White

Monday, July 30, 2007

Another Dirty Challenge

I can't say enough how much I love the challenges being posted this week for the Fan Club members on Splitcoast Stampers. This card follows two of the challenges from Wednesday and Friday, even though I just made it today. I think I'll be going back to these challenges long after the week is over. SweetMissDaisy's challenge (Wednesday) was to somehow involve a pet in your card, so I used my new Fluffles stamp. I also used the sketch by Julia S (Friday), turned sideways though, to accommodate my stamp.

I stamped Snail Fluffles by Stampendous with TimberBrown Stazon on Pearlized White paper by Paper Accents (available at Verve Visual starting August 1st!!!). This is a thin shimmery paper, so I wasn't sure how it would hold up to watercoloring, but it did just fine. I went over the snail several times (because I kept changing my mind on what color he should be) and the paper warped slightly in that spot. But I adhered it to the chocolate chip layer with a thin solid bead of glue and all is well. The designer papers and that green squiggly piece are from Crate Paper's Carnival Collection. I sponged the edges of the green with close to cocoa, because it need a little contrast to show up better. The background is apricot appeal wheeled with the Rough Texture jumbo wheel (stampin up) in pumpkin pie. I paper pierced the edges and did the faux stitching with a chocolate chip marker. The edges are distressed with the Tonic paper distresser. The sentiment is from Verve Visual's Thoughtful Phrases set, punched with Stampin' Up's word window tab punch. I finished off the layout with a We R Memory Keepers eyelet.

Recipe:
Stamps: Verve Visual Thoughtful Phrases, Stampendous Snail Fluffles, Stampin' Up! rough texture jumbo wheel
Ink: timber brown stazon, close to cocoa, choc chip, pumpkin pie, old olive, brocade blue
Paper: Paper Accents pearlized white, Crate Paper carnival collection, SU! choc chip, apricot appeal and pumpkin pie
Other: paper piercer and template, tonic distresser, aquapainter, sponge dauber, we r memory keepers designer eyelets: homemade

So, speaking of Verve Visual...have you checked out the site yet. I'm a little behind bringing you the news, but you can see the genius behind this new line of stamps, here. The actual store will launch August 1st. That means you have until tommorrow to sign up for the newsletter before the grand opening.

Ah!!!! I just looked at my calendar and saw I have a doctor's appointment in a little over an hour. Gotta run. Talk to y'all soon.

8 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What an adorable card. I have some of those We R Memory Keepers eyelets and they've been stumping me on what to do with them. Looks great here!

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, that stamp is adorable.

Christina Fischer said...

Love love love this! Your image is adorable, the coloring is terrific, and the patterns and textures are great! :)

Sew Club said...

Super cute! Love all of the little elements you used!

Rose Ann said...

This card is so adorable! Your coloring looks awesome, and I love your choice of patterned papers! Love it!

Heather P. said...

This is SOOOOO cute! Love fluffles!! :)

Joan said...

Instead of piling on the blog candy post, I thought I'd drop by and say LOVE this card and your blog.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, this is cute! I really like the papers and colors--sort of soft but colorful. I like how you put it all together and made it work with Julia's sketch. Very nice!