It's Not All Black and White

Monday, July 16, 2007

You Brighten My Day

Here's another card featuring the soon-to-be-released Verve Visual stamp set called Thoughtful Phrases. I started with a white card base of Papertrey Ink's stamper's select card stock. Next I layered on papers from Pink Martini's Pink Squirrel line. I was just recently introduced to these papers, and they are so vivid and fun. The top white layer is pearlized white by Paper Accents. The large brown and small blue/green flowers were cut out of Pink Martini paper, and I added a few primas as well.

The main panel was done by repeatedly stamping "you brighten my day" in different colors and then stamping the dotted border from the same set around one of the lines.

All the Goods:
Stamps: Thoughtful Phrases by Verve Visual
Ink: pink passion, cert celery, choc chip, always artichoke, brocade blue
Paper: Papertrey Ink white, Pink Squirrel by Pink Martini, Paper Accents' pearlized white
Accessories: star dust Stickles, primas, silver brads, May Arts ribbon, ticket corner punch

You still have time to sign up for Verve's newsletter before the grand opening, so click on the link at the beginning of this post to head on over there.

14 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Love the papers and double ribbon treatment. That sentiment is so nice, and I love the Primas as well! Great card!

Lauren (mytime) said...

I love your card! Cant wait to see the new stuff.

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, can't wait to see the new stuff.

Amy said...

Bethany! Beautiful card! I love what you did with the stamps. Isn't the paper from Pink Martini Designs to die for? I am so sorry I haven't touched base with you regarding the BEAUTIFUL RAK you sent me. I got it last Thursday, the same day I was at the hospital with my MIL. I'm sure you know what's going on in my life right now. I'm so behind on my correspondance with friends. I just wanted to say THANK YOU and it made my day getting one of YOUR cards. Hugs, Amy

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

That card is very vivid! Great flower placement and that patterned paper is just awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so cute! Love that fabulous, brilliant paper!

Adelina said...

Great card! I love the papers and the Primas. I can't wait to see the new stuff.

Shannan Teubner said...

I love what you did with this...you ROCK!

Hey Hey Paula said...

Great card. Love the colors & patterns. I'm signed up for the newsletter. Can't wait to see the new stuff.

Anonymous said...

I tried to comment on this from work but I don't know what the problem is there. It doesn't go through half the time. I wanted to tell you how much I love this! The paper is so vibrant and fun. You made a brilliant card!

Michele Kovack said...

AWesome card!!!

Jack Fussell said...

very cute! I already signed up on the mailing list! Cannot wait to see the new products!
Tina
www.travelingmama.net

Swamp Tulip said...

I love this one. Beautiful.

Teresa

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I just love everything about this card, especially the sentiment stamped in all the different colors. You're such a creative genius.