It's Not All Black and White

Friday, July 6, 2007

What's Your Take?

Just over a week ago, Adelina from Well Said Cards contacted me. She and her friend Angel wanted to get a small group of bloggers together to try a challenge. Would I like to participate? It sounded like fun, so I joined in. For this first try, Angel sent us all the same package of stamping goodies to see what we could all come up with. I can't wait to check out what the other ladies have done. I imagine we'll get some pretty different results, though we all used the same basic supplies. Be sure to go check out their results as well. Here's my take on these supplies:

I started with a white card base using Papertrey Ink's white card stock. I layered on the Paper Studio designer papers Angel sent. There are actually four birds in the Bird Border by Magenta, but I just framed out a couple of them with this Cheeky chipboard frame, which I covered in Versamagic chalk ink in Sahara Sand. The pink and white flower is also part of the chipboard, covered in cloud white and pink petunia, then coated with a thick layer of Crystal Effects and sprinkled with clear glitter. The birds are watercolored. The sentiment, from Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb, is stamped on white with Jumbo Java. The strip of chocolate chip, I cut with ProvoCraft scalloped scissors. This card came together amazingly fast for me. I like having a preset group of supplies to work with, especially since they all work together so well. Thanks for the package Angel.

Supplies:
Stamps: Bird Border by Magenta, Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb
Ink: Basic Brown, Versamagic jumbo java, cloud white, pink petunia, sahara sand, SU pretty in pink and certainly celery
Paper: Papertrey Ink's white, shimmer white, chocolate chip, The Paper Studio
Other: Cheeky chipboard, aquapainter, crystal effects, glitter, rhinestone, corner rounder, dimensionals, rick rack, linen thread, provocraft scallop scissors

And, here are the other ladies participating in the challenge. I can't wait to see what they've done. Stop on over and let them know I sent ya.

Rose Ann at Paper Delightz
Lori at Make A Difference
Adelina at Well Said Cards
Angel at Angelosity
Tracy at Here Comes Baby

Have a happy Friday and a great weekend!

14 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Wonderful job with the challenge! I love how everything came together for you! Mine didn't come together as easily (probably would have if I would have worked with a few of the birds, instead of all). Lovely card!!

Angel said...

Oooohh! I LOVE this! Your card is absolutely adorable. Thanks for playing!

Adelina said...

Such a great job with the challenge! I love how it turned out. Thanks so much for playing with us. Mine didn't come together very easily - I also tried to use all the birds.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful card! I love your soft colors! The birds are just darling!

Mimi Hornberger said...

Very nice! Gotta go check theirs too! TFS!

Heather P. said...

Fabulous card! I love the way you put it all together. :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love how you isolated and framed the two birds. Fun challenge!

Anonymous said...

Sooo pretty! Love this layout and the sparkle on the chipboard flower!

sophia landry said...

Such a great job on this challenge.
I love the sparkly flower in the corner of image and I love the colors you chose!TFS

Alhambra Club said...

This card is great, love the way you framed the birds

Shannan Teubner said...

This is too cute! I added you to my blogroll-is that ok? I love your stuff!

Michele Kovack said...

I am totally loving this card!!!! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! I love your colors!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

A fabulous card. Love how it all came together. Looks like it was a fun challenge.