It's Not All Black and White

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Rubber Review is In

Saturday, I received my review stamp set from Rubber Stamping Fun. So, here's my review:

We were able to choose our own stamp set, and I think this one is very pretty. A+ for the artwork.

It came well packaged for protection, in a padded envelope. It arrived quickly after I received a shipping notice. A+ on shipping.

As you can see, the presentation leaves something to be desired. The stamps came in this clear, almost Ziploc-like bag with a paper insert bearing the company logo. I don't know how I'm going to store my stamps, because I definately want to keep them as a set. I realize this is a review set, but I can only imagine this is their regular packaging as well. Please correct me if you know otherwise. The index stickers are nicely done though. As for the rubber, I'm pretty particular, so I would have trimmed my rubber more closely. It didn't affect the stamping at all though...no "shadows" from ink caught on the edges. C on presentation.

The rubber has a somewhat pitted look near the image. It doesn't seem to affect it's function at all though. The stamps accepted ink and stamped beautifully, even onto the rough texture of watercolor paper. The wood blocks with finger grips are very comfortable to use, just as most of us are accustomed. The rubber stamp lines up very well with the index sticker, so you have a good idea of what you are stamping and where. So, I give them a B on quality.

Overall, without knowing the price, I would definately suggest these stamps. They really are quite pretty. From what I see on RSF's website, they price their sets very reasonably, and the stamps are great to work with. This particular set isn't yet available for purchase that I can see, but check out their site and keep your eyes open for its release.

Here's some eye candy I came up with on my first go-round with my preview set, which I suggest they could name Cherry Blossoms or perhaps Oriental Gardens.

I Used:

Stamps: Review set #22 from Rubber Stamping Fun

Ink: TimberBrown Stazon; SU! pretty in pink, certainly celery, garden green, cameo coral, close to cocoa, bashful blue, chocolate chip; versamagic pink grapefruit

Paper: creamy caramel, pretty in pink, cameo coral, watercolor, Papertrey Ink white, Basic Grey Perhaps

Other: aquapainter, paper piercer, provocraft scallop scissors, slot punch, star dust stickles, ribbon from Michael's wooden spools

17 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Great review! And you chose a really pretty set. Can't wait for mine to arrive! Thanks for the peek!

Amy said...

Beautiful....I wonder if I'm ever going to get mine! TFS!

Amy

Rose Ann said...

That is a very pretty set, and your card you made with it is beautiful!! That is so cool that you were chosen to review a new set.

Beth Thomas said...

Beautiful card! I love the soft colors and the way you have colored the image. Your review was top notch, as well! It seemed very honest and thorough. TFS

Heather S. said...

Ooh, how pretty. It turned out great. I need to play with mine soon.

sophia landry said...

You did a good job in giving a review for the stamp set. Your card is also very lovely, I love the look of the cherry blossoms and the way you colored them. The background paper also complements the image nicely!

Allison Rankin said...

Thanks for the review...I ordered the same set as my review set so it will be interesting to see how it arrives!

Jan Scholl said...

I got mine yesterday and if it werent for the outside saying who it was from, I would have had no clue. NO paper insert, nothing on the stamps and yep, not cut like I want so I may heat them and recut before I use them.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Great review! This is the set I picked,too, but still no shipping notice for me. *sniff* Your card is just gorgeous!

Michele Kovack said...

This is really, really pretty! WOW!

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the cherry blossom stamp and the paper you used with it.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Bethany! I love the layout of your card and the colors are just so pretty!

DoxieGirl said...

I love your watercoloring!!! I think I would like this set except that I already have a cherry blossom set! Hmmm... I like your name of Oriental Gardens though!
~Kendra

Anonymous said...

Rubber review? Gosh, how do you get in on all this fun stuff??? You did a very professional job with your review. The card you made is gorgeous. I really like the looks of this set--very pretty stamps.

Kacey Elliott said...

Great review - just checked out their site, I'm sure there is something I could enjoy on there! Thanks for the honesty and beautiful card! P.S How does one become part of a rubber review? TFS!

Tami McBeain said...

Great card and honest review! I also choose this set...but have yet to receive it!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh you got yours! Im jeaous! I havent heard anything about mine :C
I almost got this set but chose another set. Beautiful sample.

Lauren