It's Not All Black and White

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Simple, Funky, Fresh

For this card, I used some of my winnings from the Caardvark's Bling Contest. It was a package from Jamie Horton of Top Line Creations. I got some very pretty stuff. Among my goodies was a Runway Circles Tressie Collection. It included all of these papers, except the white. The brown (used for the flower) is on the reverse side of the green dotted paper. I stamped the flower from Stampin' Up's Big Blooms in Versamark on the brown dotted paper and embossed with Clear EP. I stamped the flower again in Versamagic Tea Leaves, and cut out the center. I covered the dots with Lime Green Stickles and layered it on the flower with dimensionals. "Sweet" is from Stampin' Up's So Very set, and it is stamped with Versamagic Jumbo Java on a word window punch, accented with green thread, because it needed just a *little* something.


I Used:
Stamps: Stampin Up Big Blooms and So Very
Ink: Versamark, versamagic tea leaves and jumbo java
Paper: Top Line Creations Tressie Collection, Papertrey white
Other: dimensional, eyelets (sorry, source unknown), lime green stickles, american crafts ribbon, word window punch, 1/16th inch hole punch, cropodile, thread, clear ep


If you haven't joined the RAK group on Splitcoast Stampers, I seriously suggest you do. I received this lovely card from Terri. Her user name is rtecgarrett. Be sure to check out her gallery, because there is plenty more beauties like this one. Just look at that aged vellum layer. Mmmmmm. Thank you Terri. I just love it.






Check out this gorgeous card! It arrived in my mailbox a couple of days ago courtesy of the oh-so-talented Ms. Julee Tilman of Poetic Artistry. I wish every one of you could see this card in person. There's glitter on the primas and the hole punches in the photo corners. And the sentiment layer is a beautiful shimmery yellow. Hmmm, maybe she rolled yellow ink onto shimmer white card stock??? I've been putting it off too long, that shimmery white is on my next order with Stampin' Up. Big thanks Julee. I love it.




Lastly, but certainly not least, thanks to Debby Boltman. Her blog is Debby's Stuff. Debby tagged me to list seven things about myself. I had done that earlier, in this post, but wanted to give Debby a shout out, too. Stop by her blog and say "hi" if you've got an extra minute.

14 comments:

Heather P. said...

I love this card! It's so fun, and the colors are wonderful. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful cards!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Bethany this card is just gorgeous! I LOVE the way you used the Word Window punch and tied thread on the ends. . .very neat look!

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific card and great RAKs!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a beautiful card. Love it. Glad you enjoyed my card. I used Barely Banana ink and an aquapainter to color the shimmer paper.

Anonymous said...

That's a perfect tall card design! I sure do love those Big Bloom flowers, but I never ordered them. They look so fun for cutting out and layering. Gorgeous RAK's, too!

Amy said...

Your card is great Bethany! I love the green, blue and brown combination, very sophisticated! And Julee's card, I know just what you mean when you say you wish we could see it IRL. I got one from her once that made my jaw drop. So fun!

Amy

Rose Ann said...

I love what you've done with your winnings...this card is a beauty!!

I love your RAK's as well! Very pretty.

Thanks for the idea about the tagging. I was tagged again, and felt rude to tell Fran so. I'm going to do what you did (you don't mind me copying, do you?)

sophia landry said...

These cards are wonderful, I especially love the top one with the large flower, the colors are so vibrant. Great job on all the cards!

Adelina said...

I love this card! It's simple and has great colors.

You've been tagged - check my blog for details.

Laura Evangeline said...

I like funky!

Michele Kovack said...

I am loving your card...and the RAKS are lovely too....you lucky girl!

Shabbychick Junk said...

OMG! MY EYES! THE EYE CANDY IS BLINDING! HOLY CRAP!!!!!! OMG!

Anonymous said...

Your card is like it says on the sentiment. Totally SWEEEEET!

What wonderful RAK's you got!