It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Where Did I Go Wrong?

It's been a while since I've done any of the challenges at Splitcoast, so I've made myself do a couple this week. Yesterday, I posted my color challenge card and today I've got my sketch challenge card for you. I think I need to get back with the challenges. They push you to do what doesn't come naturally. They keep you from being stagnant. And eventually, they help you make better cards than this. I wasn't going to share this card. I'm not too happy with it, but, (1) I don't have anything else to show you today. (2) Maybe you can tell me where I went wrong. (3) Maybe you'll like it better than I do.

Stamps: SU! First in Fashion, Verve Visual Thoughtful Phrases
Ink: Versamagic dew drops in oasis green, red magic, and sage; black Versafine
Paper: Papertrey white, real red, Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl
Other: black Sakura Gelly Roll pen, tiny rhinestones, dimensionals

Josh and I leave very early tomorrow morning for Chicago. It's our TEN YEAR anniversary! Can you believe it? I probably won't have anything to post until I get back. See ya Monday. Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Karen said...

They say you are your own worst critic! I love those little purses! Happy Anniversary!

Meli Palmer said...

Uh....I don't know what you don't like about this card...cause I think it's adorable. The paper, the colors, the stamps...uh...
:o)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Bethany, I think the card is great! You're being too tough! :) I LOVE the purses and the patterned paper!

Alhambra Club said...

Happy Anniversary, I like the card the purses are adorable, we are always hardest on ourselves.

Anonymous said...

I love the little purses and the papers! Far be it from me to tell you how to make a better card! I recently posted something that I thought was pretty awful...we all see our stuff that way sometimes. Have a good time in Chicago and happy anniversary!

Holly Jordan said...

I love it! The colors are great and I love the paper :) I am a huge fan of your work and always love your cards. Have a great time in Chicago and Happy Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

To me, the problem is with the sketch itself. I think you created a great card using it. And at least you tried! Thanks for sharing. :o) Linda

Rose Ann said...

Your card turned out very pretty! I love those little purses, and the paper.

Happy anniversary!!

Classroomfree said...

I really like it, particularly the colour choice. Well done!

Joan said...

I think it is super cute! Love the colors and the purses.

Michele Kovack said...

I think this card is the cutest! I don't know why you don't like it! We are definitely our own worst critic!

Colleen Schaan said...

Absolutely nothing is wrong with this card! I just love the two patterns together. We are always our worst critics...

Christina Fischer said...

I like this one, Bethany! It really caught my eye -- It's fun and funky! :)

Kathy W said...

I like this card. I thought this was a fun sketch, and I love the Dutch Girl paper. I'm glad you decided to share.